3. Viking Star
I really wanted to go to Cuba and a cruise was the easiest way to get there. I chose Viking because they spent the most time in Cuba and I could take a bus trip across the country and see Havana (it docks in Cienfuegos). The ship was wonderful. Food was amazing, room was clean and well appointed (even a little spacious by cruise standards), staff was friendly and well trained, tour guides were well informed and helpful, and this ocean cruise was definitely up to the Viking standards we've experienced on our previous river cruises. Unfortunately, due to weather we were unable to cruise to our last itinerary stop (Santiago de Cuba) and ended up with an additional sea day. While this did not make us happy, they handled it very well. And...a surprise came in email the day we left giving us a $500 credit each because of the eliminate port. We already have a river cruise booked, unfortunately, we can't use it toward that trip. Perhaps we will take another Viking trip after that. It was nice not to have to call and shame them into giving us something :) Overall, a great trip!

Viking Star Cultural Cuba 2/21/2019

Viking Star Cruise Review by randibee

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Cuba

Overall, a great trip!
randibee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Cabin was clean and well located for our needs. Love the bathroom and heated floors. Steward (June) was very efficient and took good care of us.