3. Norwegian Spirit
My husband and I are seasoned, enthusiastic cruisers and we chose this cruise for the interesting itinerary & in that respect it didn’t disappoint. Just about everything else on Spirit was hopelessly lacking. The buffet food was poor plus there was never any place to eat, especially at breakfast. The specialty restaurants did have good food & good service. The public spaces were dated, but clean & satisfactory. Our verandah cabin (10610) had inadequate storage, the sparce furnishings were dirty & in disrepair and the tiny, grimy bathroom was gross. (In his defense, there’s no way our cabin steward could have ever gotten the 20-year old tile clean even if he had had time to try. He & everyone else was so busy “sanitizing” to recover from an intestinal virus on the previous cruise that typical day-to-day niceties were impossible.) We had found a number of NCL ships to have been satisfactory on previous cruises, but our experience on Spirit may have changed our minds about ever sailing with NCL again. There’s not an itinerary that could change my mind. Spiirit needs to be completely rehabbed or retired or its cruises sold as bargain basement experiences.

Lackluster Spirit