3. Norwegian Spirit
We took this cruise because the Canary Islands are an interesting itinerary that we haven’t done before. At the pier we learned there had been a Noro outbreak on the previous cruise. It made for an ‘interesting’ cruise. I felt sorry for first time cruisers because the whole experience was different than normal. The crew worked 13-hour days and all shore time was cancelled. I don’t know how they continued to smile. At first, service in the main dining rooms was very slow. I believe it was because extra crew had to be reassigned to the buffet restaurant where people were not allowed to serve themselves. It took several days to get things back to normal. Kudos to the staff for all their hard work. I have never been on such a germ free sailing! This was my 7th NCL cruise and have sailed most of the other mainstream cruise lines. This ship isn’t as fancy as others but it sure was fun! It was small enough that many staff got to know us and greet us by name. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves after the first shock of all the extra health precautions. There were some things I didn’t like but I won’t nitpick as overall, we had such a good experience that I will only remember how much we enjoyed ourselves. The evening entertainment was so good that it was difficult to decide between going to the Theatre or up to the Galaxy lounge to listen to the very talented band called Sonata. It was also nice to sit at Champagne Charlies and enjoy the music there too. The meals in the main dining rooms were good (some chewy meat but I find that on all cruise lines now). We dined twice in Cagney’s and loved it and the servers. The meal in Teppanyaki was very good and entertaining. We also had a nice meal in La Bistro. My husband enjoyed the Italian restaurant while I thought it was ok. We seldom do the ships tours but because of a $50 off promo for shore excursions, we did 3 with NCL. Surprisingly, they were nicer than private tours we arranged for other ports. My husband is tall and we find a lot of the small private tours lack leg room. There are drawbacks going on big bus tours but there are benefits too. I would sail on the Spirit again for the right itinerary. One thing about NCL, it is good value for what you pay. If you are picky, there are a lot of more expensive cruises to choose from.

Canary Island Cruise

littlegit’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OC 6536
The cabin was under Le Bistro so there were no noise issues from above. It is a bit small but we were rarely there. The bathroom floor tile should be replaced.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins