3. Norwegian Spirit
I chose this cruise as a winter sun break on a ship I enjoy. Things didn't go well from before I left. My printer blew up as I was printing my documents, it snowed hard a few hours before my taxi was due and I had a message from the taxi company in Barcelona that because of a strike they would not pick me up from the airport, all this before I had left home. Fortunately I got to Barcelona and was able to get to the hotel and then to the port. Embarkation was it's normal boring self but we got on fairly quickly. The ship looked it's old self and I was pleased to see some crew members were still on from my last cruise. I went down to my cabin and though small it was clean and tidy with enough room for my clothes and another if I had been with someone. My cabin was 9692 which is a balcony aft cabin. The bathroom was clean but small. I was a bit perturbed on the third day when the water came out a browny/yellow colour but was told this was due to them cleaning the pipes and that after running for five minutes it should be alright, which it was but it did make me question the potability of the water after that. I ate mostly at the speciality restaurants and they were as usual fantastic other than they had stopped the free gift from the chef which I thought was a bit mean especially if it was due to cost cutting. Service around the ship was excellent until the outbreak of the GI infection (possibly Novro virus) then things went down hill. Obviously I know it was for the benefit of the passengers but once the crew went on sanitization duties the services dipped to the detriment of my holiday. The ports we visited I was looking forward to especially Casablanca but I don't know if this is due to the amount of port fees you pay but at each port we seemed to be as far from the port entrance as we could be and because of my low mobility I did not get off at most ports. Still I enjoyed being back on the Spirit and met a number of very nice people so overall it was a good vacation.

Good cruise with problems

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by alasdair167

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Embarkation was it's normal boring self but we got on fairly quickly.

alasdair167’s Full Rating Summary