Nordkapp Cruise Review

Very enjoyable cruise!

Nordkapp Cruise Review by Scownj

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

I choose this cruise as it was apart of a bigger tour that I was on, the boat itself is pretty much as I expected from what I read and all the information I had received prior.

I am not actually a cruise person I do not enjoy the big boats as I feel you never have enough time on land to experience the country you are in.

This cruise however was more for the scenery hence why I decided to give it a go.

I went in the winter which means it is dark a lot of the time, I still really enjoyed the scenery and after the sun went down it was nice to sit in your room with all the lights of and enjoy the views.

I booked a Artic superior room and for the difference in money between the rooms with out and window I would say it was the best thing I have done!

It’s well worth the extra money and the window was bigger than what I expected and level 6 was a perfect spot.

If you are on level 5 then people are able to see in your room while walking around the balcony so if you would like more privacy I would try requesting level 6.

The food is amazing I am actually a vegan and they had plenty of food options for myself and if you eat everything you will be in heaven!

The wait staff and general staff on the ship all seemed very nice and polite.

I would 100% recommend a cruise ship with an expedition team, they made my trip 10x better then what it would have been with out them.

You do have some down time on the ship with not much to do I would advise bringing a book or some card games or something that you enjoy doing to relax.

If your ship has a spa GET IN IT when it’s snowing or just in down time it was the BEST.

I pre booked some tours as I thought that would be cheaper all so to guarantee spots on the tour but booking on the ship the prices where much the same if not $10 AUD cheaper which you would loose with the exchange rate anyway.

We seen the northern lights! Not as much as I expected but I only went North bound and the ship where very informative of when they where out HOWEVER... if you want to guarantee your time of not missing out I would seriously advise having your room temperature set a little cooler and sleeping in most of your clothing meaning all layers you need on except for your outer layers eg. big water proof jacket, pants and shoes!

You waste to much time getting dressed and undressed and you miss them possibly so just sleep in everything without the blanket!

There is NO entertainment on this ship which was completely fine for me as I’m not into all that but if you cruise a lot this cruise is different and a working ship, I don’t know how many times I was told/read this before getting on the ship and STILL I heard people complaining! This is not a bad thing the cruise was still AMAZING but please don’t expect and circus show or cabaret with 10 martini’s and never actually learning anything about the country you are visiting!

The Expedition team did have a few things on each day inregards to information and learning about Norway I would recommend going to all of there sessions because they are fun and happy people with some great stories.

Scownj's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Artic superior 657

Cabin was bigger then expected and could fit suitcases under beds easily.

We placed all our clothes in the cupboard and that worked well.

Shower floor is heated which is great!

Window in Artic superior rooms is a great size!

Bergen

Bergen is a great place to explore would suggest 1-2 nights prior to cruise

Alesund

Very cute little place not much to do.

I would advise going up the mountain, well worth the views and a few steps moderate fitness can be taken slowly depending on cruise time leaving.

Polar Museum and Wilderness Center

Very good guide learned a little about Tromso. Great place! Heaps to see and do walking around town is good fun heaps of shops.

Go to Mack brewery, well worth a visit and was apart of tour.

Easy to walk back to shop by yourself

View All 11 Polar Museum and Wilderness Center Reviews
Trondheim

Walked around town again great place just to walk around possibly even look into a local guide for a bit more history/ info or just have a quick google for some ideas

Scownj