Viking Sun Cruise Review

Beautiful Boat but So-So Locations

Viking Sun Cruise Review by kat2019

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Caribbean

We had done a Viking River Cruise and we were looking for a Viking cruise close-by. We drove down from Orlando, everything went well getting on board and of course the customer service was wonderful. The entertainment was also surprisingly good. What it was lacking was: 1)variety at the locations/islands, like an included day at the beach would have been nice, the 3 included tours were all of ruins, and maybe a little more time in Cozumel, we were hardly there, 2) a little better with the communication and care of us when we are off the boat, when we were on Viking River it was amazing how well they took care of us, but on this trip, the first tour was during lunch and it wasn't made clear that no lunch was being provided and there was no real place to grab lunch, which was a real issue since my mother and I are diabetic, luckily I had enough snacks to keep us from having a sugar crash, but it was really close, 3) on the Viking river cruises the do a few meals to celebrate the locations we were visiting, but there wasn't anything like that on this cruise, 4) the shops on the boat, I would think you would have at least one shop with things that match with where the cruise is going, like items for a Caribbean cruise. I will have to say you can't beat the rooms, the balconies, and the customer service on a Viking boat, but the rest of the trip was a bit of a bust.

kat2019's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Regular 1310

Very much like the river cruises. Spacious, lovely balcony, wonderful bathroom and TV. BTW, think that is my room number....

Trolley Tour

Great guy talking to us about the island, really enjoyed it.

View All 176 Trolley Tour Reviews
Lamanai Mayan Ruins

Ruins nice, but bus ride was warm, and no food or opportunity really for food provided, and not a good picture of Belize, doesn't make me want to recommend going there to anyone.

View All 131 Lamanai Mayan Ruins Reviews
Mayan Ruins

The bus driver and person leading us were really good. Nice location, loved the few shops.

View All 425 Mayan Ruins Reviews