• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Queen Victoria Review

Editor Rating
28 Awards

Disappointing and greedy cruise-line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review for Queen Victoria to the British Isles & Western Europe
hugocellar
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2018
Cabin: Balcony

I need to preface my remarks by saying that I have travelled extensively on Silversea and Regent Seven Seas - both are ALL Inclusive cruise-lines. So whilst I was quite prepared to have to pay for my drinks - wow - I was not prepared for the totally outrageous prices Cunard was charging - they have managed to take greed to a whole new level - for example - I can buy a bottle of Mateus Rose in Sainsbury's for £5 duty and tax paid - I paid $10.60 for a 250 mls glass of Mateus - roughly £8 - and with 3 measures to a bottle that equates to £24 per bottle and I am assuming that the bottle is tax and duty free????? Come on surely that tearing the arse out of it a bit but then they have the temerity of charging a 15% service charge on top. What is the justification? I have no idea other than "Pure Greed"?

Do not know about you but long haul flights are becoming a major bore, so instead of a couple of weeks in Las Vegas or Macau, decided to seek a luxury cruise out of UK and the Queen Victoria provided the answer. I travelled Queens Grill and that was well worth it although I would have like to moved tables and met new people? The food and service were quite excellent. There was a Grill lounge which a true haven of peace and quiet.

Due to being mobility challenged - I have artificial knees - I do not do a lot shore excursions as I used to, but I did do one on the cruise - tour staff were rude and very unhelpful - but our tour guide was fantastic and the tour itself was a lot of fun.

Balcony

Cabin BB

To be honest a little small for a "penthouse suite" - but it was comfortable enough BUT - no easy chair only a sofa, would have preferred a more comfortable dining table and chair instead of having to have my breakfast off the coffee table? But was looked after by two quite excellent members of staff.

10 Helpful Votes