3. Carnival Conquest
We cruise every 3 to 4 years. My last carnival cruise was in 2004 and it was very good. After 3 Norwegian cruises we decided to try Carnival again, Here is my summary. SHIP Large and stable. Minimal motion issues in 5 foot Caribbean seas. Overall fresh and clean appearing despite its age. From a lay out standpoint my only complaint is that the main rear dining room on levels 3 and 4 could only be accessed from levels 2 and 5. CABINS We had inner cabins toward the front of the ship under the theater. They felt large and spacious especially for the cheap cabins, My main worry was noise form the theater at night however it was a minimal issue even on the night of the loud rock show above, The main theater show is normally over by 11 pm. No motion issues. The bathrooms and showers were large for inner cabin standards, DINING First the good. We liked the food at Guys burgers, the Mexican restaurant, the deli, and the barbecue joint above the Buffet. At the main dining room the appetizers and deserts were good and up to standards of previous cruises. Next the mediocre. The Buffet was disappointing to average at best compared to my last 3 cruises on Norwegian. At the breakfast buffet we had to request how many strips of bacon we wanted and staff will serve us. They also used this cost cutting method for deserts having a cake cutting station where we had to wait in line as one at a time we requested our desert and staff will slice us a piece of cake or pie. Often the cake was just out of the freezer and was hard to rubbery. Shame on you Carnival. Now the Bad. Main dining room entrees were the worse I ever had on a cruise ship. Fatty meat, cafeteria flavor on some dishes, Sea bass that wasn't sea bass. These complaints are not coming form a foodie as normally Applebees quality is fine with me but this was significantly less. The dining room breakfast menu never changed and on on Sea day brunch I had the worse, fattiest fillet mignon ever. Maybe the simple chicken, salmon, and flat iron steak would have been safer and standard quality, but I prefer to use cruises as an opportunity to eat adventurously. I think they attempted to up their quality the last 2 evenings hoping to have us remember the good food rather than the bad. ENTERTAINMENT. The musical entertainment was solid. We enjoyed the main theater song and dance entertainers. I also spent a lot of time enjoying the house band in the main lobby. The sound was especially good when combined with their 3 piece horn section. Other members of my group really enjoyed the violin trio. ACTIVITIES I used the gym 5 times. Overall it met expectations but only 2 incline weight benches which tend to get hogged rather than shared, SERVICE The best part of the dining room were our waiters. The head waiter at our table Win had every one in our group of 9 names memorized and was very personable and helpful. Our cabin steward Carleous was excellent also. The cruise director Leigh was energetic and entertaining. No complaints overall with the rest of the crew as they easily met expectations. PORTS AND EXCURSIONS On Princess Cay we used the beach to the right as it was much less crowded as compared to the beach on the left. Better structure for snorkeling and seeing fish also. The beach buffet food quality was was fine for what is was. Grand Turk was crowded with 3 cruise ships in. There was a large free pool at the Margaritiaville site. Also crowded. Probably fun if you like a lot of action and loud music. On Curacao and Aruba it was easy to get 2 to 3 hour island tours for 20 to 25 dollars as compared to 60 to 80 for similar ship sponsored excursions. For the most part the cruise was good. Unfortunately due to the food quality issues it brought down my overall score to average. I doubt I will be sailing Carnival again until I hear they fixed this problem.

Carnival fixed its mechanical issues by transferring funds from the food budget

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Rglick06

Rglick06’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 2244
Overall good. For a inside cheaper cabin it felt large and spacious as did the bathroom and shower. The mattress's were not luxurious but were adequate and were not a cause for complaints. Despite being under the main theater I did not experience loss of sleep due to noise problems. Motion issues that I have noticed in the past for cabins near the bow was not a problem,
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins