3. Celebrity Eclipse
In almost 40 years of cruising, this was a unique cruise experience which I can't really explain but I will try.. The travel terminal in Buenos Aires was not set up for a cruise ship and the number of passengers boarding... I think the word chaotic would best describe it well. Probably not Celebrity's fault, but really, couldn't they have done their homework and foreseen this a year ago? Shore excursions were overall good but way over-priced. Time spent cruising around Cape Horn and in the Sea of Magellan was very interesting and well done. Disembarkation was,well, better organized. Two rays of hope shone through the entire trip: the waiters and the room steward. These men were professional and very caring, always pleasant and attentive. Kudos to them. Let's talk food: it was not bad, nor was it great except for the pastries which were exceptional. Since we were in Argentina, I would have expected great beef. It was average to poor. Reason? All of the meat came from Miami in a cargo container instead of local purchase. Really, Celebrity, I expected much much better. You need new buyers. Entertainment was less than expected: two production numbers "Amade" and "Rock" were the biggest waste of talent which I have ever seen. Neither production had a theme and really missed relating to the audience. Okay, they were awful and sophomoric. All in all, just not as good a cruise as we have experienced on other cruise lines, and a heck of a lot more expensive.We will not be coming back for more.

This is a "Premium" cruise line?

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by MrBill314

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda

MrBill314’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1C 8261
Basic cabin in size, two twin beds, and the best attendant to date. Quiet and comfortable.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins