3. MSC Divina
Absolutely the worst cruise iv ever been on. Me and my mother have been cruising together sense 2009 and I can honestly say inspite of the great price I would never recommend MSC nor cruise with them again. To start with when we arrived we found out after ordering a Corona and coke that yes the drinks are free with the drink package but there are surcharge fees (hidden fees) for every drink and the price for the same drinks doesn't stay the same throughout the ship. Once we got to our room (AFTER THE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT ROOMS WERS READY) the bathroom was still dirty. In addition to all the rooms on our side being dirty or needing something our bathroom was visibly dirty with sand, a ring around the tub and no washcloths or towels in site. We found our steward who was in another room to inform him that we were going to need 4 face clothes everyday and our bathroom was dirty. More housekeepers were brought over by a man In white to help...the day went on.We went to dinner,came back room was clean and had 2 face cloths. At that time we noticed the sharps container that my mother requested weeks prior to embarking was missing. We phoned the steward to bring us one. Day 2 midday my mother's bed fell... She is not even 200lbs but her whole matress fell to the floor. We let the steward know who said ok. We went to lunch,got in the whirlpool came back it was fixed. We had "complimentary breakfast" tags to put on the outside of the door. We filled it out took a nap and went to dinner. We returned and while the beds had been made we had no new rags or towels for the next day even though we had asked for them. Day 3 checked our room balance prior to getting off in Jamaica and to our surprise we had been charged $3.50 for room service. That's not complimentary if we had a fee.... Only one $50 on board credit had been added to the room and they weren't sure when we'd receive the second. At this point we owed no money. Got off at the port and returned to the ship. When we returned they were painting under lifeboats 14 which happened to be right outside my balcony and they were staining the doors that lead from the buffet to the gelato on the 14th floor. I am a asthmatic so the paint and excessive fumes from solutions triggered a asthma attack. The next morning we informed customer service who offered no apology and said they didn't know if they planned on painting again throughout our voyage. Additionally, we asked if they could have our steward leave wash clothes everyday because he hadn't been doing so. Because the service agent showed no empathy I asked for my gratuities off my room to be removed and for a print out. At that time the balance on the room was -$99.56 ( meaning they owed me) Day 4 after speaking to customer service we went to the casino, in order to play we had to add a minimum of $135 to the room which we did and played. Up until this day we had ordered drinks, gotten coffee, gelato and movies and somehow when we checked the balance not only was the $99 they owed me gone but at this point we owed them. We paid with no issue. This day was a sea day so after the casino we had lunch and went for a nap. As soon as I laid in my bed it fell (1st time). I went down to customer service and they sent a carpenter. The day went on. At some point we returned to our cabin to find a "urgent" letter posted on our door saying we needed to come to guest services. Unsure what it was about we went down. At that time they wanted to know had my mother received her sharps container. Later on in the cruise other guest asked about the urgent letter.As you can imagine we were uncomfortable having to explain that it was nothing. I believe the notice should have been slid under the door like all the other papers were. Day 5 This was the Aruba port but we didn't get off we stayed on to enjoy the ship but unfortunately non of the shops were open and the casino only let you play if you had cash because the machines were not recognizing room cards. Again we had breakfast, laid around, sat on the balcony, got in the whirlpool,went to lunch and had a nap. While sleeping I was awakened by the sound and feeling of the bed falling(2nd time). Humiliated and embarrassed I waited to go to customer service but I called around 2:30pm to inform them that the bed fell again. Sitting on the balcony until 330pm nobody had been to the room, called again but got no answer. Went to the desk who than called a carpenter, went to the cabin to wait. 4:30pm went back to the desk to inform them that nobody had been in and I wanted it fixed before dinner so I could go to bed. After almost 4hours the carpenter came in. I asked if he could just replace the bed but instead he added a screw in the left side of the bed saying it was missing. Days 6-8 were better other than having to ask for washcloths on a daily.Unfortunately Someone's toilet had overflown causing a horrible smell throughout parts of the ship which made several people vomit including my mother. Day 9 After being up all night with my mother being sick we were told that we had to be off the ship no later than 11:30am because the crew had another safety drill. We explained to the man who had on a MSC jumpsuit that my mother was not feeling well but he insisted that we had to go. Very disheartening. Once we returned from the port we purchased 2 White Hennessey from the duty free shop on board and paid off the balance on our account. At that time we asked the agent who was helping us (Stacey) what is the protocol if we didn't have any more money (knowing all we had left was money for the ports but not to cover any more surcharges for drinks). She told us we'd have to come the night before debarking to sign a declaration. Nothing more happened until the night before debarking. After dinner my face began to swell which are signs of a obvious allergic reaction. I took benedryl and laid down. My bed fell once again(3rd time) causing me and my mother to go to customer service. While complaining about the bed we thought it was wise to sign the declaration because we had an early flight. We were told by a supervisor there was no such thing and if we were unable to pay we'd have the sheriff called on us to deal with the situation. At this point in addition to the humiliation I felt because the bed had fallen numerous times, we now had the added stress of missing our flight home with no money to get back and being arrested for no reason. And my face was so swollen it effected my vision and I had a soar throat.We agreed that yes we owed the money but prior to the last port we had the money. We would have just paid for the drinks and casino as we played but because we were told by the MSC customer service agent on board that we could sign the paper agreeing to pay later we thought no more of it. After 4hrs of trying to bargain with them and Stacey admitting that she told us about the declaration another supervisor named Victoria came to help. She sent security with us to our room to retrieve the alcohol we purchased as if we were criminals who stole it. She agreed to meet with us on debarkation day at 7am which we did. Took until 9am but we eventually signed the declaration and was able to leave with the threat that if the money was not paid in 5 days we would be arrested. All of that embarrassment, humiliation and disappointment for $147.07. No apologies for the bed repeatedly falling,no concerns for my obvious allergic reaction, no apology for causing my asthma attack but we have a bill for $147.07, the threat of being arrested and was treated as a criminal. I WOULD NEVER IN MY LIFE SAIL WITH OR RECOMMEND MSC.

WORST CRUISE EVER

MSC Divina Cruise Review by Smclong93

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

I WOULD NEVER IN MY LIFE SAIL WITH OR RECOMMEND MSC.
Smclong93’s Full Rating Summary