3. Azamara Pursuit
On the first day of the cruise (October 28), my mother was giving my son a shower and he had found a piece of broken glass on the shower floor, picked it up and gave it to her. My son is 15 months old - if he stepped on the glass or ate it, my son could have been seriously injured. They moved my mother and son to a different room where the shower did not work and they had life boats in front of the window. On the second day of the cruise (October 29), we were returning from Rome and we were unable to get on the boat because the ropes had snapped due to the weather. I have never heard of something so unsafe happening before. What if someone was boarding when the ropes snapped? How did the cruise not comprehend how much weight the ropes could hold against the current? Anyways, we waited in the terminal for 45 minutes and we were waiting 10 minutes outside until one of the crew members noticed we had a baby and shuttled us to the front of the line. My son had gotten a cold as a result of waiting outside due to the cold and wind. The same evening (October 29), we had all went to dinner and I had requested for a waiter to bring my son a simple order of pasta and meat sauce. When it arrived the food was lukewarm. I did not think anything of it because my son was crying so I gave him some of the pasta. I also had some and so did my husband. That night and for the next two days we were sick. The only person who was not sick was my mother and she did not have any of the pasta. The next day (October 30th) my husband and I were in bed the entire day while my mother looked after my son due to our food poisoning. Around 3:30 I decided to go to the patio to try and have something light. It was quite cold so I went to get a blanket. The staff were taking blankets from the dirty container refolding it and giving it to other patrons to use on deck and also handed me one. I explained my situation to the ship manager, requesting my son and mother be moved to a room closer to my husband and myself so it would be easier for me to go back and forth between rooms because I am sick. He could not accommodate me on that request. Complete lack of empathy. Instead he asked if I had travel insurance for this trip if I did want to leave. Complete lack of responsibility and respect because the issues affecting my trip are directly due to this ship's disorganization and sanitary standards. I was given the understanding and impression that he really doesn't care. One guest overheard my conversation with the manager and later came up to me and said it was very disrespectful with how the manager dealt with the situation. The next day we went to the spa- my mother has diabetes. After she finished her massage she asked the therapist if she could have 5 mins to lie down because she felt dizzy. I am an RN from Canada, immediately I would think hypoglycaemia and get a juice or sugary beverage for the patient. Instead the 'therapist' said 'no please hurry up and get up, I have other patients.' And left. That day the boat was rocking severely and she had to hold the walls to support herself. I am normally easy going person but this is so extreme there is no choice left but to complain. We take a cruise once a year and I understand things happen and based on the expectations I was given by the Azamara, this ship does not deserve the title of luxury cruise line. Nor do I see how it stands out in any way from the food to my experiences on board. This is also a cruise suited for a more senior crowd - no casino, nightclub, or late night entertainment - ship is completely dead around midnight. Spend that little extra and take Regent Seven Cruises, much better experience and ship.

Terrible