MSC Seaview Cruise Review

MSC Seaview Cruise Review by zink99

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Yacht Club Deluxe Suite

I need to preference the review by saying this is for the Yacht Club. I can't speak to other cabins or dinning.

Firstly, Yacht Club is the only way I'd do this ship. The service is insanely good. We existed the cab in Barcelona and before I could determine where I needed to be, someone from MSC spotted my yacht club tag and escorted us immediately to a private area with drinks and food ready. Within 30 minutes we were on the ship in the private Yacht Club lounge and had our wristbands and in the Cabin. Our bags were shortly behind. The Yacht Club has a private lounge with breakfast, afternoon snack, and music nightly. The private restaurant is overlooking that, and the private pool area has breakfast and lunch too with a pool and hot tubs. In this area, you're never asked for you room number or asked swipe a card for a drink, simply ask and it comes. The food is excellent in all the areas and the whole time I didn't have a single thing that I did not like. For lunch I opted for the pool area and had anything from fish to steak. The breakfast was cooked to order along with hot and cold selections. The attention is on details here. You must remember that the company picks the brightest employees to work on this part of the ship.

The Yacht Club has a dedicated elevator, so you rarely wait to get to other parts of the ship. The Butler service is fantastic, and they bring you anything day or night. Feel like another drink, but already in PJs, not a problem, just pick up the phone and it appears. You have special robes, towels, private concierge, etc. You truly have a private part of the ship. For your excursions, your butler meets you in the lounge and walks you directly off the ship. When we returned to the ship after the excursion, our butler was waiting at the bottom of the gangway to bring us back to the room.

so are the other parts of the ship crowded? Sometimes, yes, I mean the ship is huge so sometimes certain parts may seem crowded. My kids sometimes enjoyed the buffet while at kid’s club and never had a bad thing to say, the main buffet always looked good and clean. The water parks and slides are fun and zip-line is included with Yacht Club as is the gelato. You can get a drink anywhere, just show them your band and they scan it.

We did try the thermals, again included with Yacht club, but they were often crowded, and yes sometimes wet towels were left around. I wish they were a bit larger, but I bet it depend on the sailing because they are expensive to access with Yacht Club, I think $50 per day.

The ship speaks many languages, so yes, many non-Americans. Look, you’re on a Mediterranean cruise and you mustn’t expect everyone to be American and yes you might find some other cultures rude, but perhaps it’s you and not them. If you want the USA experience stick carnival cruise or Disney. I enjoy being around people of other cultures. We also loved the shows.

zink99's Full Rating Summary

Yacht Club Deluxe Suite
Cabin YC1 16047

The cabin was nice. The shower and bath were roomy. The room was a typical suite, not a huge. I've stayed in royal suites that were much bigger but this wasn't billed out to be huge. The rooms were very quite. The balcony was great. I wished yacht club included movies like NCL Haven does, but who care about TV.

zink99