3. Norwegian Getaway
We went on this cruise in March then again November 2018. The quality has gone dramatically in that time. There was less help on the ship this past time and the crew was overworked. Restaurants were like assembly lines and orders were messed up often. For the first time in over 10 cruises i would go into a washroom and there would be no paper towels. The staff tried to be friendly but you can tell they were overwhelmed. Norwegian offers promotions like get 3 upgraded meals at the pay restaurants. The quality has decreased at these places ever new Norwegian cruise we go on. Cagney's used to be excellent, Two years ago i got a 32 ounce porterhouse that was fantastic. Friends got a huge tomahawk steak. Both those items are now gone, they do not even have a rib eye steak even though they advertise it on the picture entering the restaurant. I guess since most people are choosing this as a free upgrade restaurant there is no need to have the quality anymore. The sad part is that the pay restaurants are inferior to meals you would get at other main dining rooms on other cruises. We also went to Ocean Blue, again it was part of our "free" upgrade but we had to pay an extra charge of $15 to even get into this restaurant. Once inside they had another upcharge to choose some things on the menu. They require you to dress up even though they share the space with another restaurant where you can wear shorts and flip flops. There was also less entertainment on board this time. No piano player in bar, no guitar plays when entering buffet. They are really focused on cutting costs, I wish they would just charge a little more and restore the quality it used to have. Some people on the ship like the Million Dollar Quartet and dance show. I was not a fan but that is more a taste thing. It is meant for an older crowd. I had an inside cabin which was fine, great service but my steward all week. The fitness room is good although they ran out of wipes and I couldn't find a treadmill that was in MPH, just KM/Hr.

2nd Time on the Getaway

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by john bruno

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside Stateroom

I had an inside cabin which was fine, great service but my steward all week.

john bruno’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Inside Stateroom
Cabin IA 13633
Cabin was good, steward was really good.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins