3. Norwegian Jewel
This was my second time on the jewel (first time cruised from NYC) I was pleasantly surprised they revamped the ship nicely. We selected a back cabin facing the back so we could see as much as possible - this was a great option however I did get seasick on a sea day. The spa was a little sketchy this time around with the masseuse offering me "free" products if I bought some other stuff - well i fell for it but had buyers remorse and returned it - well when they didn't see one of the products on the receipt they went ballistic - i think the girl got fired. Anyway, the excursion were great esp the Photography Sea/Land excursion. We spent a couple hours on the water seeing whales, eagles, seals etc with great photo ops. Then a hike on a glacier - just amazing. The other excursion was a bus trip into Yukon Terriority and took the train back - again great photo opps! It was chilly and misty most of the time, so we did not spend any time on the deck and i had to buy a heavier coat. We could not sail near the glaciers due to the amount of ice still in the water. I would love to go again and do a Southbound 1-way cruise! This was for my son's graduation present - all he ever wanted to do was go to Alaska - he loved it!

Alaska is more than I expected

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by TheCooksinCT

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Alaska

I would love to go again and do a Southbound 1-way cruise!

TheCooksinCT’s Full Rating Summary