Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by bbg96

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

This was my first time ever cruising and probably my last with Royal Caribbean. Most of the restaurant servers are wonderful, very friendly and professional. Most of the housekeeping staff are great and the rooms and the ship are impeccably clean considering there's 6000 people on board. The cruise director was hilarious. Everyone else needs to return to customer service training or get a better understanding of their jobs... customer service! Perhaps spend some time distance learning with Las Vegas hotel staff, they know how to treat guests.

The lack of communication on the ship was the most irritating part of the whole cruise. I thought that they would be, literally, running a tight ship, but events, restaurant times, etc were all poorly communicated to us. Even more annoying that staff would look at you like you were crazy for not knowing what time a restaurant closed.

Also, it seems that most things on the cruise close after 7pm! This makes for a very boring time unless you like go dancing or drinking (which still closes around 1:30 am).

The times we stayed in each port were extremely short. We only stayed in the Bahamas for 5 hours! You don't have much time to do much in any of the islands except go one shore excursions and lie on the beach for a couple of hours. Maybe if you're a beach bum, this is fine, but I would've liked to explore the islands and visit different places while on the shores. However, all cruise lines may not be able to stay in ports for long and maybe I just need to fly to these islands rather than cruise to truly enjoy them myself

The shore excursions were okay. The only one that was questionable was the 5 Star Island tour in the U.S. Virgin Islands since all they did was take us to shops and drop us off at the beach. But, I will cut them some slack since so much of the U.S.V.I. is still damaged by hurricanes Irma and Maria and the tour may not have been able to show us everything they usually would.

Most of the food on the ship needed salt. But I guess you can't expect excellent food when it's being mass cooked.

And one huge problem I had with the ship was how small the pools are. They are about 2 inches long with so many people stuffed inside them trying to swim.

Being on a ship is a fun way to travel, but after this experience, I'm definitely not itching to go on another cruise, especially not another Royal Caribbean.

bbg96's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 2N 3256

Very clean and surprisingly spacious. I shared this room with one other person and didn't feel suffocated the entire time

The factory is small so the tour is short but the guides are nice and they give you a large cup of chocolate to make treats with and a free wine tasting.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Island Tour

Was basically a taxi not a tour but the island is still recovering from hurricanes Irma and Maria so that affected the tour.

View All 291 Island Tour Reviews
Island tour

St. Kitts is a beautiful island. Our tour guide was nice and knowledgeable. The taxis to the beach are more expensive than the Bahamas.

View All 293 Island tour Reviews