Majestic Princess Cruise Review by wreaweb
- Sail Date: August 2018
- Destination: Trans-Ocean
- Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony
The Majestic overall was disappointing:
1) One of the 4 front elevators was out-of-service for the entire 47 days - extremely inconvenient for those of us with forward cabins. This also was totally unacceptable for an almost brand new ship. We also got the run-around every time we inquired about the repair status.
2) The Front Desk was horrible - we had 3 requests/issues that we were promised someone would get back to us and they never did - even when we followed up again on one of the questions.
3) There was a wall left up (from when the ship was leased out to the Chinese market and the area was a high-rollers gambling area)) in the Piano Bar (Crooner's Lounge) that made seating in the Piano Bar very difficult. The Piano Bar "gal" (Tonya Scott) was absolutely excellent, but there was almost no seating available there to see her (due to the wall being left up).
4) The Embarkation from Shanghai was a nightmare. The worst Embarkation ever - some people were in line in the hot sun for over 4 hours. One woman in line had a heart attack while waiting in line. Complete disorganization and chaos. All Princess could do is blame the Chinese authorities - they took absolutely no ownership for this debacle.
5) Food was not nearly as good as we have had on the Royal and Regal (Majestic's sister ships). 1st Lobster night (last formal night of 1st cruise segment) was atrocious - worst cruise ship lobster ever!!
The one good thing was the crew was warm and friendly. It is too bad they had to be on this particular ship.
We will likely never book the Majestic Princess again.
250,000+ people have entered their email