Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by robb11561

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Sky Suite 1

This particular sailing was way too busy. The first two days of the cruise were sea days but after that, it was port after port after port. A saving grace was an overnight in Barcelona. I just wished the overnight was in La Spezia. The itinerary was a big blur as I tried to look back. * I booked a Suite Class room directly through CelebrityCruises.com. The website indicated in-suite espresso. I was expecting an espresso/cappuccino machine as NCL provides in suites; to my disappointment, I walked into a rather bare room - no plush amenities. The bathroom had a nice jetted tub, but no bath sheet. In fact, the towels were small and very worn. When I come out of a hot bath, I like to wrap myself in a plush bath sheet. The bedding was standard and probably no different from the Veranda and lower staterooms. I have booked Aqua Class many times in the past and bedding and linens were much more plush; perhaps I should have booked Aqua Class on this cruise. * Suite Class has their own dining room, Luminae as well as a private club, Michael's. Both venues are wonderful in that there are no crowds. The staff are very attentive and really get to know their passengers' likes and preferences. Luminae offers great food and allows you to order from the Aqua Class dining room (Blu) or the Main Dining room increasing your options - I truly liked that! * The entertainment provided by the ship's production cast seemed amateurish; the singing sounded out of tune. However, the last performance, "Elysium," had great choreography. Guest performers were a little better. I always enjoy a hypnotist! * We did a ship's excursion in Ibiza to Can Marca Caves and D'Alt. It was a 4.5 hour tour which went past 13:30. Nice tour of the caves and Old Village but for it to go that long, time should have been set aside for lunch. The tour provided no down time. * The Reflection is a beautiful ship that is impeccably maintained. It's a very clean ship with a wonderful crew. For what Celebrity offers to Suite Class passengers is lacking and definitely not worth the money. There should be more pools and a thelasso therapy pool for a ship this large. There are way too many passengers and not enough things to do.

robb11561's Full Rating Summary

Sky Suite 1
Cabin S1 2159

The website indicated in-room espresso. There was no espresso machine. The bed was uncomfortable and linens were thin and worn. The bath linens were also tired. The bathroom has a jetted tub, but no bath sheet was provided. When exiting a hot bath, I like to wrap myself in a plush bath sheet. Bottom line, the cabin was very basic.

Cartagena (Spain)

The port is very close walking distance to the center of town. Great port of call, but not really much to do. Went to the Roman Theatre and the museum then walked around a bit.

Can Marca Caves

The tour of the caves and D'Alt were combined in one excursion. Very informative and we enjoyed the sights. However, it was too long without lunch. By the time we returned, it was after 2:00 pm.

View All 3 Can Marca Caves Reviews