• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Marella Discovery 2 Review

Editor Rating
2 Awards

What a VERY pleasant surprise!

Review for Marella Discovery 2 to the Eastern Mediterranean
AmyLJ
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin:

I wasn't expecting much from this cruise - having been once before with P&O on Ventura and finding the food to be absolutely dire for the price we paid - but the itinerary and local flights from Cardiff to Corfu suited us so decided to go for my 40th birthday with my mother. And what a completely different experience it was!

Firstly, I am not a fan of all-inclusive and haven't done such a holiday in over 14 years. But I am now well and truly converted, at least as far as Marella is concerned. The food was absolutely delicious, wherever we ate. It was good quality and there were definitely no short-cuts being taken anywhere. In fact, a carved fillet steak we got in the Main Dining Room (so no supplement) was the best fillet steak I have EVER tasted, anywhere....! I am not sure how that is even possible but there you go, it just goes to show the quality of the food Marella are delivering on their cruises.

The drinks included had to be experienced to be believed - the only thing not included was bottled water...! Main brand drinks all the way and even better the wonderful staff were there taking your orders from your table or your sun lounger and promptly delivering them straight to you!

Cabin Deluxe Balcony Cabin