3. Carnival Magic
Check in was easier than I thought it was going to be no problems and no issues getting onto the ship. We went straight to out room because we didnt arrive early morning we took our time and it seemed to pay off no waiting to check in and the room was ready. I had booked an interior on the 11th deck, I wasnt looking forward to the room 11275 but I was really pleased, I was travelling with my daughter 13 years old and had ordered a room with bunk beds but they were extremely comfortable and I had no problems sleeping. It was classed as an accessible room (wheel chair) and it was a lot bigger than other bunk rooms. It was perfect and the bathroom was HUGE. The burger place was lovely food, Im not a fan of burger and chip meals but you could have lived on them for a week if there was nothing else it was the best burger and fries I have eaten 11 out of 10. My daughter loved them for her afternoon snack. I didnt eat them everyday. Nice staff as well. Breakfast sit down menu meals were also nice but it seemed a bit hectic like the staff had too kuch to do and too many tables to deal with. Food was nice and well presented. Ask for a table on your own with family it doesnt take long for them to call you. Evening sit down meal the food was also lovely but boardering on being cold I have to eat hot hot food so a little on the cooler side for me but it was lovely. Staff again seemed to be in training so our head waiter had a lot on his plate training and lots of tables to deal with. One thing you wont go hungry on this cruise ship. I dont think I can complain at all about the food. Alcoholic drinks are very very expensive and im glad I dont drink alcohol I had about 3 Gins a cocktail and 2 shots at dinner. EXPENSIVE No point in my buying the drinks package though because I wouldnt drink $60 dollars of drinks in a week never mind a day. Ports visited Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk next time I go I think I would book a tour for san Juan as it wasnt my thing the shopping and walking plus by this day I was so tired with everything. I think a day on the ship was in order so we came back early went to the cabin ordered a film and room service just to have a break from rushing and racing. The afternoon was nice just to relax for 3 hours on the bed lights down TV and a snack. Batteries were re charged by 8pm and ready to go again for another week. Ordering movies on the TV was easy and reliable and you can watch the film as many times as you like which was good just for noise in the room when your getting ready to go for evening meal as this was the only time really we spent in the room apart from sleeping. The internet package was so so bad, I couldnt use it for anything and we ordered the 2nd highest but it was bad bad bad. We couldnt get in touch with family at home and they couldnt get in touch with us. 7 days phone and internet free. This needs addressing that you can use the internet at least some part of the 7 days. I totally understand your in the middle of the sea and some areas might not have internet BUT 7 DAYS ?????? The pools really need to be bigger they are very small and always full its not enjoyable just to cool off on sea days and its salt water as well so for me and my daughter the pools were very disappointing. Pools are a big thing for everyone on holiday and I have cruised before with bigger pools. Ash trays need to be available in the smoking areas I appreciate the spaces that are on the cruise for smoking the areas were plenty and comfy and you could nearly always find a seat BUT where are the ash trays everytime I had to use someone elses on a different table or ask. You dont want to flick ash or the lit end onto the floor it s dangerous. Movies shown on deck 11, the screen really needs replacing lot of pixels missing and bad quality, Movies were very very good choices BUT seating is very hard to find and thats not because it was full of people watching the films it was full of people sleeping, children on 2 chairs asleep and parents asleep all down one side of the smoking area, the same people every film. One film we really wanted to watch and couldnt find any seats at all that evening as we had late dining which was very slow to get us to the movie on time. I wasnt keen on the entertainment staff I felt they used it more of their own holiday than it being a job to entertain guests. Very little interaction from a lot of the staff. Maybe that was me looking in from a far but I watched them and this cruise didnt seem interactive it felt like look at me I can do this. All in all I will give our cruise 8/10 my daughter and I really enjoyed it. I would cruise with them again its as my friends said more a Butlins cruise than a luxury cruise. I think im in the middle Butlins not really, luxury NO. Where is the in between.

ENJOYED IT A LOT BUT WASNT WITHOUT FAULTS

Kayleigh7171’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A 11275
Cabin 11275 Wheelchair accessible. This room became available to book normally even without a wheelchair. I booked it because it was near the door for the smoking area. High deck. I wasnt holding my breath it was going to be anything special. I loved the room, it was basic but more room than Id ever had on a cruise before. Bunk beds were very comfy and I had no problem sleeping which was amazing in a single bed. The Bathroom was HUGE. More than we needed but it was nice to have it. Like I say a basic room , it was clean. so much room to spread out and not be crowded We didnt spend much time in it but what we did I was more than happy with this cabin. To book an interior again wont be the same as I know they are not as big as this room, they look tiny compared. The bunk beds made a lot of room without 2 singles taking up all the floor space.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)
    I really enjoyed Amber Cove the pool area and water slides were all free, free sun loungers and swim up bar, All day zipline was only $20 as many times as you wanted to go on it and the water sports were cheap. You dont need to book an excursion for Amber cove if your looking to relax by a pool with fantastic weather. If you want to explore I think you would need to book an excursion, but I was happy to relax by a pool on this day and I think this was my favourite day and would certainly return. Very clean, but this is a cruise line owned place and I know some people dont like that they prefer to see a bit of the country. I was VERY HAPPY. This is a free, fun day so cheap when everything is free I was expecting to pay around $25 to go into this area as you know yourself nothing is free but this was & $20 for all day zip line was FANTASTIC price.
    View All 725 Amber Cove (Puerto Plata) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Amber Cove (Puerto Plata) Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Turk
    We got off the ship and just walked to the beach that was right there in front of you. This was a really nice beach and I know they are recovering from a hurricane so it wasnt perfect but it was fine to hire sunbeds and again everyone was swimming and looking for fish. A massive rain storm for around 30 minutes to get a drink and then everything was back to normal. Again another cheap relaxing day. I find cruising very cheap but we still enjoyed what we did without really expensive excursions. You can make it as cheap or as expensive as you like and I do feel you could cruise without spending any money at all. I wasnt on holiday to save money or not do everything we wanted to do but for me we did everything we wanted and it was still cheap. I dont feel like you have enough time in ports as im sure if we had more time we would have ventured out futher and done a lot more than we did but you are limited with time and time ran out really quick even just doing nothing sitting by a pool or on a beach swimming looking at the fish. Loved it
    View All 2,115 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    This wasnt my favourite day it was walking into a town with shops and not very much to do if im honest, when I go again I think I would need to book an excursion even though I was really tired and really not feeling the day we went back to the ship early as the weather wasnt the best either and booked a film in the cabin and room service for a snack. Enjoyed 3 hours relaxing and re charging batteries. It felt like a waste but it was needed.
    View All 3,803 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    We took a taxi to a beach, that was well known as it was very busy my daughter LOVED St Thomas we hired sun beds on the beach (x4 19, 13, and 2 x mums older lol) The fish in the sea were amazing plenty to see snorkelling baby shark and colourful fish my daughter was AMAZED just to be able to go in the sea and see things like that. Again this was a cheap day just the price of the taxi and a drink watch and we were all good. Back to the ship for our dinner.
    View All 4,674 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews