3. Balmoral
We have travelled with Fred. Olsen several times before but never on this, their flagship. Chosen for the itinerary and because it was a special event with all 4 Fred.Olsen ships meeting in Cadiz, a good place to visit. That was a very good day if a bit overcrowded. Very nice ship which probably was not seen at the best time, as it was full and so you could not get into the various events and there was always a struggle to find a sunbed or even seat inside. The average service may also have been due to the fact that the ship was full and waiters particularly were very stretched. On late sitting we were often eating until 10.30pm -too late for most people. However even when it was quiet, the bar waiters were very slack and we often went to the bar ourselves after waiting 5-10 minutes to be served. However my main complaint was that as a gluten free passenger my food choices and places to eat were limited, and this appeared to be acceptable to the senior management to whom I complained. I was even told that it was just a fad introduced by the Americans. Would therefore not recommend it if you are gluten free, unless you want to lose weight!

Not good for gluten free passengers

Balmoral Cruise Review by Valandglynb

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Superior Outside
Valandglynb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Balmoral price drops

Superior Outside
Cabin B 5073
Nice cabin which could benefit from a lick of paint a good hoover
  Balmoral Deck Plans