3. Oasis of the Seas
My family really enjoyed this cruise ship. The food was DELICIOUS! The only thing is I wished they served some Mexican food on a Caribbean cruise in the dining rooms. The Carousel was COOL! We rode it a few times. The putt-putt is small but very fun. We went to almost every show, and they were all FANTASTIC! The ice-skating show was our favorite. We had a great staff in the dining room. If you ever get a chance to sit at Jayant's table, you will not be disappointed. He is extremely nice and helpful when you ask his advice on what to try that night for supper. My only issues is they need more staff working in the shore excursion department because we had to wait in very long lines twice to straighten out shore excursion problems, even though, I had picked out and paid for all of our shore excursions before the cruise. They also need more souvenir shops because they only have one and it is very small with very little to choose from, and I hope they figure out not all cruisers want purses and watches. The lady in the art gallery is very RUDE and does not care to talk to you unless you look rich. The only place that stayed crowded was the pool area, and we did not go to the pool, so we never felt like we were on a huge ship with almost nine thousand people. The Broadway and Central Park areas also made you feel like you were at the beach and in New York walking in the park. I also would have liked staying in the ports longer and been able to do more shore excursions.

Great Ship

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Eski

Eski’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

• Snorkeling
    The snorkeling was FANTASTIC! We saw a lot of beautiful things. We also went to a beautiful beach and my son and I played on the slides in the ocean.
    View All 438 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Horseback Riding
    The horseback riding in the sea is FANTASTIC, but the rest of the trip is HORRIBLE! First, the walk to the place to meet from the cruise ship is a long walk. Second, the lady tour guide is clueless on what she is doing. Third, the ride is nothing of what they describe. They do not tell you the bus ride is an hour each way along a lot of dirty streets and places. You see a few nice homes and beaches, but mostly TRASH. The tour guide lady takes an order for your lunch and takes your money, but she don't bother making sure you get your food. The food cost $30 for my family, and we did not get to eat. For the second ride in the sea, the lady tour guide had no organization to that. It took our third time before we got to ride. When the ride was over, we were supposed to have our food, but it was not ready yet, even though everyone else was eating. We received our food when it was time to get back on the bus. The bus was dirty, the food which was jerk chicken, rice and beans was DRY and DISGUSTING, so we did not eat. The lady tour guide knew we were very UNHAPPY, and the only thing she offered was one free drink to my Mom. We did not get our $30 back nor an apology even though we had to complain about everything. The horseback ride was in two parts. First, they have no organization with putting people on horses, either. They line you up with your family, then choose a horse for each rider, which separates all the family. They don't even know how to put the right horse with the right person. Big men were put on small horses, which is not fair to the horse. The workers were extremely SLOW bringing over the horses, so you stand in the hot sun for a long time. They then try to put families back together, which takes more time. The ride is on a dirt path that takes you to a small creek with trash all over. You cross the small creek and then ride into ankle deep water, unless you are small, and the water will come to your waist. You DO NOT see ruins of sugar plantations or anything else for that matter. The ride is short. The second ride is in the sea. You get on a horse bareback except for the cloth with a rope attached that you sit on. My horse went full speed through the water passing a lot of horses. It was an EXCILLERATING, FULL ADRENALINE RIDE that was one of the COOLEST things I have done, but it was also very TERRIFYING! I am not sure how safe it is because if you fell in the water, you are surrounded by horses. It is a FANTASTIC ride, though. I would recommend it for thrill seekers. The only two good things were the bus driver was nice, and the horseback riding was GREAT! They also have a small gift shop. You have to buy all your drinks, and they are EXPENSIVE! Gatorade and soda $3-4 for a small bottle.
    View All 30 Horseback Riding Reviews
  • Haiti Cultural tour
    It is a great excursion, but it is not exactly what you are expecting from the description. You DON'T go to a village. You walk up steps and see different people making purses, peanut butter, bread and coffee. You get to try the peanut butter and bread, but you only get to smell the coffee. The people are in the woods, not factories for this tour. You get a free drink when you get there, and you can buy more drinks. They also have non-alcoholic drinks, which is our family preference.The beach is GORGEOUS! Don't leave your stuff on the chairs because they tell you it is safe but it is not. People(cruisers) will take your stuff, and the people on the island do not watch your stuff as closely as they say. We really enjoyed the excursion, but you will not see a village as I was expecting, and we were a little disappointed. We really enjoyed the WONDERFUL things the gentleman that was our tour guide on land said about the Lord. As he put it, "If you woke up this morning to another day, then you should be GRATEFUL TO THE LORD!"
    View All 43 Haiti Cultural tour Reviews