3. Majestic Princess
Princess accommodates people in wheelchairs with good cabins and bathrooms but that is about as far as it goes. this is by far the most disappointing cruise that I have been on with tight corridors blocked with tables and trolleys, lifts not working, no shore tours offered for people in wheelchairs. For example I was unable to call a lift as the garbage bins are put directly under the lift call buttons so I either kick the bin out of the way to press the button or waited for someone else to do it for me. I mentioned my issue to a senior maintenance officer who assured me that he would pass on my issue. But each time the bins were moved away from the lifts the cleaners would put them back. As the corridors were continually blocked with housekeep trolley there was only 1 bank of lifts I could get to. For the whole cruise one of these 4 lifts was out of service and on one occasion all the lifts were out of order for an hour stranding me. There is only one accessible public toilet with an automatic door on level 17. all the rest have extremely heavy manual doors I had no chance of opening them myself and needed someone to do it for me. The vista lounge is so packed with large chairs that I had extreme difficulty moving around the room to find a place to park my chair to see a show. There are only 4 accessible seats in the theatre and unless you get there an hour before the show you have no chance of getting somewhere to watch a show. Generally the food quality and variety was poor to very poor. 80% of the menu was seafood based and as I really don't eat a lot of seafood the choices where limited. Each night there was one red meat dish on the fine dining menu and even though the description and title of the dish was different what was delivered was meat cooked the same way. My waiter was unable to provide any further information about the menu than what was written on the menu. They also refused any additions or substitutions like adding more gravy or sauce. Each night we had a bread roll for each person dining and always one butter less than the number of bread rolls. After asking 3 nights in a row for more butter you would think that the waiter would get the message and have more butters on the table I think it was night 18 or 19 when we had enough butter. Pre dinner drinks often arrived with our main meal or desert. There was one night where our fellow passengers when round with pepper mill (as our waiter continually did not offer the pepper mill) and the waiter reprimanded the fellow passenger for doing his job that he had neglected. The embarkation process in Shanghai was a nightmare taking more than 3.5 hours in the extreme heat. people throwing up due to heat stroke, VERY long snaking queues and people absolutely everywhere blocking paths and corridors. There is no one deck on Majestic princess that you can walk around on the entire ship. There is no walking track on this ship. the only place you can look out the front of the ship is the Hollywood pool room through glass which is not very good if it is dark outside as all you get is internal reflections. The "runway of flares" everyone saw on the TV news was not visible from the ship. Princess could not assist with any on shore activities for people in wheelchairs or mobility issues. There big offering in ports where the ship dock a considerable way from any "town" and they offered a coach "shuttle" into "town" for $20. not accessible to me. When asking staff for information on a port they were unable to assist or at best contradict each other. I got better information once I left the ship. I would seriously think about travelling on princess again after this experience. My wife is an Elite captain circle member and she is of the same mind.

Enjoy your cabin because this is the only place of high quality on this ship

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by leighlock

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Interior

leighlock’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IE D318
It was great. lots of room for the wheelchair. good cupboard space. Rollin bathroom with enough room to transfer to the shower chair. Although the bed was little high for me to transfer I managed it every night. It was a VERY comfy bed and I got a good nights sleep each night. My only issue is the placement of the TV as you can't see it from the bed. I needed to stay in my chair to watch anything on it.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins