MSC Musica Cruise Review

Nice itinerary, decent ship, poor quality food.

MSC Musica Cruise Review by mowgli-mc

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Overall, it was a good cruise. Main reason we chose it was because of the port destinations. All destinations were good and worth calling to. Good choice of excursions also, if quite expensive to do some of the cruiseline-excursions.

With regards to the ship, it was quite nice, with good outdoor pool area. All areas were very well kept, and very clean.

Staff were friendly and always smiling. The only exception is the Guest Services-Reception staff who are quite bad and fail to resolve some very simple issues. Always a large queue to speak to them which doesn't help your frustration.

If I was to go on another cruise, the one thing that would stop me booking with MSC again is the quality of the food. It was unacceptable in my opinion and I'm not a fussy eater, quite the opposite. Most nights the food was barely edible, while every night I couldn't help think I could do a better job. A school canteen would have nicer food. The choice of food was good though, just a pity about the taste. Apart from the food, the cruise was quite good and I enjoyed it.

We had a balcony cabin on the 10th deck. It was reasonably sized so can't complain. Loved waking up and being able to open the door and walk outside into the heat and admire the view. Would almost recommend a balcony cabin if you can justify the price, it's always worth it.

Entertainment was quite good. Always something going on somewhere and the main theater performers were very good.

mowgli-mc's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 10005

Cabin was reasonably spacious, can't complain. There was just the two of us in it so it was fine. Having a balcony is always worth it. Cabin was always clean as well, staff were excellent

Olympia is definitely worth seeing. Lots of cool sites and interesting history, even when you are not interested in history, like me! The shopping was just 30-45mins around a small town with only tourist tack to buy but that was OK with me, I had no interest in shopping!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Brindisi

Brindisi itself is not worth calling to, but the excursions take you to other locations such as Lecce, Alberobello and so on, and these are worth going to. We chose Alberobello and it's Trulli's. These are cool to see. Alberobello is approximately 1 hour journey from Brindisi with little to be seeing on the way but the destination is worth the wait.

Venice

Stayed in Venice for two days after the cruise. Lovely city, would definitely recommend a 2 or 3 day stay here, lots to see and do. The city is very easy to get around contrary to what you might think. Very clean and very safe. I felt very safe walking around the narrow lanes of the city even at 1am at night. I would not even do this in many towns/cities in my own country and mine would be considered safe. Venice is just full of friendly locals and tourists . I would recommend this place to everyone.

Santorini

Lovely island with lots of quaint towns. It's excellently what you think about when you think of Greece; white-washed houses with blue domed roofs, and outstanding views all around. We took the local bus to Oia for just €1.90 one-way. If I had booked the excursion with MSC, they would have charged me €65 for the same thing!! Oia is beautiful, well worth visiting.

City Tour

Athens is OK, well worth a visit but a few hours would be plenty. Wouldn't like to stay there as it didn't look overly appealing, but fine for a 4-hour excursion. The main attraction is Acropolis.

View All 164 City Tour Reviews
Corfu

Nice town. A good few things to see and do. The town itself had quite a lot of rubbish lying around in a lot of areas which smelled quite bad in the summer heat. Other than that, it's a good town and worth visiting.

Kotor

Outstanding location and scenery. One of the nicest looking areas I've seen. The mountainous background to the small inlet looked amazing. We didn't book an excursion but got on the local hop-on hop-off bus which is just €19 and definitely worth it. It does a coastal tour followed by a city walking tour. Coastal tour was nice and the buses go every 30 minutes, but the walking tour only happens once at 11:30am which was a bit late for us as we had to be back on the boat at 12:30. If they were every 30mins like the buses that would have been ideal. The town itself is amazing, very old and walled city which was fantastic to witness.

mowgli-mc