3. Allure of the Seas
Our family enjoys RCCL because of the varied activities. We were 10 people (three generations) onboard and EVERYONE found something to do. All-in-All, this is by far my most favorite ship of the RCCL fleet so far. Honestly, I like the big ships. I like the buzz of activities and the choices they offer. I understand some people don't like the number of people. Truth-be-told you only "feel" the number of people on the first morning if you choose to go to the Windjammer. For disembarkation, if you're smart you can avoid the crowds. Do one of two things: 1) Keep your luggage and get off at the first call in the morning... around 7:15. 2) Schedule a late flight out, enjoy breakfast and find a place to relax, (play some games) drink some coffee and wait out the crowds.. We got off at 10:00 and there was NO line, no backup to get luggage or go thru customs. Call an Uber (they are waiting close by) or take a cab.. tons available. This was my 2nd time on the Allure. We particularly like it because the food happens to be superior than other RCCL ships (I've been on Liberty 3x, Freedom, Oasis, Harmony and Allure 2x). Our cabin stewardess was just AMAZING. Our bed happened to be very hard (like a board). She brought me a topper but it wasn't enough. She found me an egg crate foam topper that just was OVER-THE-TOP amazingly comfortable. She went out of her way to help me feel more comfortable. The food was again terrific. They have changed the menu slightly (I think one less entree choice) from two years ago, but the selection every night was terrific and they still have their "classic" menu of standards that helps people find a good alternative every night. I have never seen a crew try harder at dinner (this was my 20 something cruise). I must admit, that the shopping has changed over the years. They used to have many clothing choices (Tommy Bahama, etc). Now they have THREE purse stores (Michael Kors, Kate Spade and Coach) but absolutely NO place for a WOMAN (not a teen) to purchase a bathing suit bottom (yes, I forgot mine and I'm most definitely NOT a teen body!) I understand they must adapt to trends, but please... give us some adult cloths again! The ship was immaculate. All of the sports areas were super clean and plentiful of balls, etc). I was a little disappointed that the entertainment (Mama Mia! and the Water Shows were so "front end" loaded. The Mama Mia! show was only the first three days, of which we were at sea, busy with so many activities for two of them). We had tickets for the first night 10:15PM water show but there was lightning so they postponed it.. Unfortunately, they made it at 8:15 on the 5th night but we had late dinner seating... IDK why they didn't make it a late show since we were scheduled for a late show. In my opinion, the Mama Mia show should be more spread out (maybe there are behind the scenes reasons why they don't). It's too hard to do so much in the first three days! I also hated the fact that they open the seating up to ANYONE and if you're coming from something else and are not ready to claim your seat, you cannot get a seat). Their reservation system MUST be fixed. Either hard tickets or a better check-in system because we had tickets to a 10:15 show... we were coming from the late seating for dinner and there were NO seats left. Same thing for the late night comedy in Studio B. Why bother with reservations, if you're not going to honor them??? One thing that really stuck me was the kiosk style at the promenade. The aggressive nature of some of the sales people made it almost uncomfortable to walk the promenade if you don't like being approached. I've NEVER seen RCCL push the drink package like they did on this trip. Light up cups, people walking around with flyers, etc. Here are a couple of very important thoughts: 1) download the app. You can check in (there is one bug but hopefully they've fixed it). But more importantly, you can carry your phone (important for pictures) and literally look for a moment-by-moment list of things that are happening by category or by time. It's an amazing lifesaver! 2) If you're in a group and have any hopes of finding your family, bring walkie talkies. I have the ones that have lower and upper channels so NO one is on your channel because you have about 140 to choose from! 3) Make your entertainment reservations AS SOON AS they are available online. If you wait, you will not get tickets

Amazing Ship, Great Food, Excellent Service

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by lesmedina

Here are a couple of very important thoughts:

lesmedina’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 10290
Lovely cabin. Tons of little nooks and crannies to store things. Stupid OLD ipod charger (no lightening adaptor available). Took out the mini bar (a good thing in my opinion but left an empty fridge... Might be better to claim this space.

Lighting terrific, balcony very comfortable. Couch comfortable.

if you're a warm person (like me) make sure you get a cabin with the bed CLOSER to the bathroom (not the balcony door). The window gives off a tremendous amount of heat and the AC (right over the closet) doesn't reach to the far side of the cabin. This is a simple fix if you can plan ahead by picking a cabin that has the couch near the window.

Cabin stewardess was just amazing!
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins