3. American Spirit
I prefer small ship cruises, and this line seemed to meet all my expectations. Friends had traveled on it and recommended it highly. The only problem seemed to be choosing from a lot of exciting and inviting destinations. My son and I chose the Puget Sound and San Juan Islands cruise and were not disappointed.. Everything was outstanding, from the pre-cruise package which gave us a night in Seattle and transportation to the ship to our disembarkation with the promise of a future voyage. Our single cabins were roomier than expected with plenty of closet and drawer space for clothes. We even had balconies, although I didn't use mine. The only problem was the bed which was narrower than I had expected. But I managed. Food was very good, and we enjoyed the fact that seating was not reserved, so that we had a chance to meet a lot of our fellow passengers. The late afternoon cocktail hour was another opportunity to mix. Because I have mobility problems, I found I couldn't take some of the shore excursions, but my son did and enjoyed them very much. I especially enjoyed seeing the Burchardt Gardens for the third time in my life and my visit to the Suquamish Museum. And even if I couldn't take advantage of the actual trips, I enjoyed David Stephens talks about the area, the people, and the tribal customs. I highly recommend both this cruise line and the ship we traveled on.

Puget Sound & the San Juan Islands

American Spirit Cruise Review by xenonsa

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Single Cabin

I highly recommend both this cruise line and the ship we traveled on.
xenonsa’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Spirit price drops

Single Cabin
Cabin SB 306
As mentioned above, the only fault I could find with the cabin was the narrowness of the bed. Everything else was just as it should be.
  American Spirit Deck Plans