3. American Spirit
We chose this cruise hoping to find a method of travel and cruise line that would work okay for person of limited mobility. Sadly, we felt that this trip was overpriced, and that we were misled by sales people. The Spirit is in need of refurbishing. The salesperson I spoke with said it had been done. The cabin was clean enough, but I have traveled on much older vessels that were more updated. I was told that the Spirit would be the next ship to be replaced. The fitness equipment on board was pitiful. The equipment was outdoors and not plugged into power. The salesman said there would be freeweights similar to what you find in a hotel fitness room. There were none. While we appreciated the size, it is a very noisy little ship. Our cabin was on the stern, and engine noise is deafening at times. We were next to the rear outdoor steps, and ship personnel would run up and down at all hours. I finally caught and discussed the door slamming with one of the housekeeping staff. Cabin 321 should be converted to storage.This is an upper level priced cabin. For this price some shore excursions should be included. This was not. Warning to those going to Butchard Gardens...This is a 90 minute ferry ride, 40 minute motor coach, 90 minutes in the garden, 40 minutes back to ferry, and another 90 minutes on the ferry. The gardens are beautiful, but see them on another trip. I appreciated the dining room. We were not assigned seats. There were minimal choicees, but I was happy not to have to fight my way through a buffet to find something to eat.

Puget Sound

American Spirit Cruise Review by Textraveller

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Cabin AAC

For this price some shore excursions should be included. This was not.

Textraveller’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Spirit price drops

Cabin AAC
Cabin AAC 321
This cabin is located near a supply closet and back stairs to the upper deck. Lots of running up and down the steps at all hours with door slamming. Granted door slamming is going to a problem with rude passengers, but the young people working as staff should be trained better.
  American Spirit Deck Plans