3. Oasis of the Seas
We chose Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas due to the features onboard as well as the nice itinerary. Ship Even though the ship is massive, it is very easy to navigate. It is broken up into neighbourhoods such as Central Park, the Boardwalk, and Royal Promenade. There are maps and signs all over the ship so it’s hard to get lost. Since it is such a large ship, it holds a lot of people. This means that we often had to wait a while for an elevator or search for a while for two chairs together by the pool. Dining We paid for First Night Done Right. We were assigned to Giovanni’s, but I really wanted to try Choppes. They didn’t charge us anything extra (even though other reviewers have posted that this is common practice.) My meal at the steakhouse was my favourite. We each ordered a filet mignon; it was cooked perfectly and there were 3 sauces to choose from. They pour your choice on your plate at the table. We each ordered dessert, and upon hearing it was our anniversary, they sent us a third dessert with a candle and sang us a song. The sever was attentive and had a good sense of humour! We also had dinner at Giovanni’s, and it was fantastic too! I had the gnocchi with spinach and cream sauce; it was SO GOOD! The other 5 nights we ate in the main dining room. It was quite good. I didn’t care for the New York Strip steak as it was a little overdone and rubbery. Drinks We purchased the deluxe beverage package and found the drink service excellent. The variety of beer, wine, and cocktails was awesome! We never had to wait for a drink. Entertainment We saw the comedy show, headliners, the oasis of dreams, and a parade. The comedians were funny and they involved the audience quite a bit! I also really enjoyed the oasis of dreams show; the diving was impressive! The show was supposed to be performed a number of times throughout the cruise, but it was cancelled several times due to technical issues. In place of the last oasis of dreams show, they put on a Dreamworks Parade on the promenade. It was cute, but I felt stuck at the side while it was on and I just wanted to cut across to get a drink. Activities There is so much to do on the ship. I did the zip lining and enjoyed the pool on each day at sea. We also had fun in the casino. There are quite a few table games and plenty of slot machines. Shore Excursions Bahamas We enjoyed all three ports. We purchased an excursion through the ship in the Bahamas; it was called the VIP BEACH DAY IN BLUE LAGOON. It was very expensive at $135 pp. And it was chaos when we got off the ship. There were thousands of passengers trying to figure out where to line up and there were hardly any employees to tell us where to go. Once we got on our ferry, everything was great. It was a 25 minute ride to Blue Lagoon. The beach was separate from the rest of the activities. We had chairs and an umbrella. We were greeted with mimosas❤️We also got to see people interacting with sting rays and dolphins. They had tubes to float on (no charge) and they served us lunch right on the beach. St Thomas We decided to go on our own this time and it was a much smoother process. We did some shopping right off the dock. Then we decided to take a taxi to Meagan’s Bay Beach. It was $10 pp each way. It was about a 20 minute ride. It also costs $5 pp to access the beach. The beach was beautiful! The sand is white and the water was clear and warm. We enjoyed this day very much! St Maarten We decided to skip the beach and just shop here. We took a taxi cab ($7 round trip all day). These people are still working to recover from the hurricane. The police presence was strong so I felt pretty safe. My husband bought a watch and I bought a diamond necklace. We saved a few hundred dollars. One thing I was not prepared for is the constant requests for more tips. We already pay a nice sum of money for prepaid gratuities and yet there is a tip line on bills for drinks, food, etc. We ended up giving an extra $100 or so in tips. I think they should have prepaid grats or pay as you go grats, not both. Overall , we had an excellent vacation!

Anniversary getaway

Activities

Bahamas

St Thomas

St Maarten

Overall , we had an excellent vacation!
MichAzzo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Central Park View Balcony
Cabin 2J 12-645
Clean, sound proof, excellent attendant.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins