3. Norwegian Epic
First cruise - family of 4 - me 36 my husband 45 daughter 12 son 8 we stayed in Barcelona 3nights then docked there for a week. I should point out I hate the sea and boats so it’s took 7 years for my husband to convince me to try a cruise .. Kids were sold when they seen the aqua park and football pitch etc in brochure. On seeing the ship at the port - I’m not going to lie I was in shock - it is MASSIVE!!! Everyone says you’ll never know your on a boat - so I went for it!! Ok so you do know your on a boat ... if your lucky enough to have no choppy nights then it’s not bad.. we had 1 choppy night and I was terrified... it calmed down after 2 hours !! Once you get used to the slight movement you’ll be fine ( my 3 didn’t notice anything they were fine even in the choppy night ) just cause I have fears I felt everything more ... I would defo cruise again :) Something to consider before you arrive at the ship -pack a pool bag with suncream Swimming costumes etc as your luggage might not arrive for few hours at cabin. Towels available on pool Deck (no.15...) They do a ‘cruise leaving disco’ on this deck when ship disembarks m, it’s amazing lots of great songs dances etc to get the party started . The main garden cafe buffet restaurant is phenomenal if anyone says anything else their crazy - there is enough fir everyone - so so much choices... all day and night, this is a lot busier on sea days as everyone on board ... that goes for the pool area and aqua park ques etc - however there is plenty of staff to accommodate everyone being on board . We only had the one day at sea so wasn’t an issue for us. The docking days are great as if your staying on the ship you get a quieter day and hardly any ques on slides etc. The Taste restaurant is superb - great menu that changes slightly each day and lovely 3 course menu - no need to book you can just turn up. The Cagney steakhouse is all Angus beef and is a stunning restaurant and menu great wine menu too. Bare in mind this is a la carte so extra cost to eat here - we didn’t know this and got a bill for £114 (Check your daily news sheet that’s in your room every day for the restaurants that charge you .) The ice bar was a great experience for the kids - again extra £25 each - you get 2 drink each included - it’s the only ice bar at sea defo worth a visit . In the gaming room and kids aracde it’s all payment through your keycard - so either put a cap on your kids cards or an overall block or you’ll get a nasty bill at the end . The bar menu is outstanding all branded vodka gin whiskey etc including grey goose Hendricks Bombay saphire glenmorangie Bottled beers is mental corona modelo miller bud red stripe Stella also strong bow cider Smirnoff ice and cocktails galore . Try the mango ice daiquiri yummy!! The Beatles are fabulous defo worth watching !! The burn the floor show is great - fabulous dancing and all stunners .. The cabin we had was on deck 14 (no 14077) State cabin with balcony - defo needs the balcony for extra room but I’m sure you all know with it being a ship rooms are compact ... the top bunk bed gets pulled down for you each night with lovely towel shaped animals waiting for you .... If you want close to pool (deck 15 ) then book around this room number, as the exit door for lifts stairs and swim academy is all across from room number 14057 . Swim academy is the kids club it’s loveky big and packed of fun things to do . The best thing to get your kids to go to is the GLOW PARTY. Pack white clothes for this night even you adults as the after kids club party is on in the H20 outdoor bar for all the family where you get neon face painting - glow sticks - flashing light up battons and thee best dance tunes - everyone was up raving at this - really was a highlight to our cruise .... atrium on deck 5 has great family fun things to do - arts n crafts bingo game shows live music etc and the bar staff Marvin and IMade (I knicknamed him Maddy )are great fun we had a few laughs with them . We booked all inclusive with premium drinks packages and soda packages for us 4 - if you have to sign for something it means your paying extra so just watch out . Getting on and off ship fairly easy just need all key cards and passport for adults - on way back onto ship your bag goes through scanner like at airport - no liquids foods etc allowed on ship We never booked any excursions on board we made our own reservations once off boat and saved money .And casually done what we wanted when we wanted - kids didn’t want to leave the boat they loved the aqua park and pool so much . Pools are small and get really warm so you don’t really get cooled down much but that did g bother us . The climbing wall is amazing and staff very encouraging . The ship is soooo clean .... So all in all The Epic NCL is tremendous and us 4 will be back. Please go try it you won’t be disappointed

Epic is an understatement

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by TheRichmonds

Kids were sold when they seen the aqua park and football pitch etc in brochure.

Everyone says you’ll never know your on a boat - so I went for it!!

I would defo cruise again :)

Towels available on pool Deck (no.15...)

We only had the one day at sea so wasn’t an issue for us.

Try the mango ice daiquiri yummy!!

The Beatles are fabulous defo worth watching !!

The burn the floor show is great - fabulous dancing and all stunners ..

The cabin we had was on deck 14 (no 14077)

Swim academy is the kids club it’s loveky big and packed of fun things to do .

- no liquids foods etc allowed on ship

The climbing wall is amazing and staff very encouraging .

The ship is soooo clean ....

So all in all The Epic NCL is tremendous and us 4 will be back.

Please go try it you won’t be disappointed
TheRichmonds’s Full Rating Summary