3. Norwegian Star
Cruise left Venice June 10 for the Greek Islands, Montenegro and Dubrovnik, 7 day. Stayed in Cabin 5135 IE Got to the Venice port very early (9 am) left luggage and went off to explore Venice. Walked to the People Mover (8 minutes) took people Mover $2.50 Euro one way- takes 2 minutes. Dropped at basically the busstops of Venice Piazza Roma I believe. Returned to the ship at 3 pm and was checked in and in room by 330pm. Luggage came by 430. We had the drink package and prepaid tips included in our rate which I booked almost a year in advance so I think I had a good price. We had an inside room on deck 5 aft. It looked to be under the dining room but it was quiet which a few loud sounds which I think were trolley's moving across the floor once and while. I did bid $75-100 each for a balcony upgrade but did not get it. It ended up fine as it was a great cabin. Awesome Steward too!! I thought the food on this cruise was one of the best I have had. Excellent. Only ate at the sushi (pay) restaurant. The rest of the time the buffet, Aqua and Venetian (I think-only once). The entertainment was sub par. I wish they had comedy. The cruise director was non existent but when he was around, he was very funny. Just wished i would of seen him more and there were more events on the sea day on the pool deck. The drinks were great as usual. Sometimes the staff is sparse but this cruise, i thought the staff / drink service was okay- not great but acceptable. I did go to one spin class which I thought was good. I was surprised there were not more people. It does cost $12 but those fitness instructors work hard. Also,we used the spa for pedicures which were nice. They do really try to upset which was a bit frustrating as you are trying to relax. The only issue I had was a couple of the nights, the wait staff in the dining room were very unhappy. The last night though, the gal was terrific. The ports were great!! Wished it was longer in Santorini. We had 4 ships in port that day and it was a zoo.. TOOO MANY PEOPLE... Take a look at your cruise and see how many ships. I would not go there again with so many people. It was crazy shoulder to shoulder. Also, get in line very early for the tenders. I thought I was early. I was 20 min before the line opened and I ended up with shuttle 8. It took about an hour and a bit to get off the ship with that tender. Overall, great cruise. Wish the entertainment was better and a bit more to do on the ship but I pick for the ports and was not disappointed.

Great Overall Cruise

b_cruise’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IE 5135
GOOD CHOICE FOR INSIDE (bit less money).
The dining room is above but very little noise. A loud banging sometimes but not when I was sleeping so overall it is a quiet cabin. I would definitely pick this cabin again. Lots of space for 2 people. Room steward was excellent. Air conditioning was excellent. Comfortable beds. It is 2 floors down from latte's in the morning, One floor up when returning from ports. I walked the stairs each time. Buffet is on deck 9. Elevators are pretty good though. My daughter beat me every time.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins