• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Stilley
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin:

We had been on the Azura in September 2017.. Superb trip to Norway,lovely ship. We thought we would try The Britannia,BIG mistake! Totally impersonal, the balcony cabin was not particularly clean..coffee stains food on carpet from when we arrived to leaving. The room smells were of toilet/ damp carpet. Being on level 12 at rear of ship there must have been a problem. I reported this but was told 'sorry about this but we are full' The lifts are a nightmare and as my husband is disabled,people with mobility problems had to wait until a lift was free.Having to use the lift for 5 floors and then cross the ship to wait for another lift to the restaurants is not the best design. The buffet Horizon was dreadful.....called the bum shuffle deck....food poor,cold,yuk. Fast food en mass for those gorging on platefuls of food. On a positive note The Restaurant staff were excellent.

Ship docked in commercial ports,unable to get off,a coach was available to Santander and La Rochelle....20 mins journey....this wasn't in the information.my husband cannot walk and therefore has a scooter......coach no use. This ship is big and I guess there were many unsold rooms that were sold as last minute cheap deals and it showed. We have now cancelled our next cruise with P&O. I have complained to P&O but 3 weeks later NO reply. We have been big travellers,visiting 60 countries and this is the first time I have ever had to complain.

Cabin Balcony