Britannia Cruise Review

Very average......

Britannia Cruise Review by chiggy444

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords

Traveling as part of a quite a large party [17]. First problems encountered with Cruise Personaliser having incorrect information - after a number of emails, problem was resolved, or so we thought. Some of the party had pre-booked excursions. When we arrived in our Cabins and checked the tickets for the excursions, the wrong tickets had been issued to the wrong people. After many hours of queuing at Reception, we got the issue resolved, only to find they had then further charged the on-board accounts with the same excursions again. All in all a complete mess!!

Cabin was comfortable, and we did have a shower screen this time, instead of the awful curtain we had on Aurora last year!! I did receive an upgrade from an Inside to a Balcony for an additional £200!! Would definitely recommend a Balcony for the Fjords.

Mainly ate in the Restaurant [Freedom Dining], which was average, Service OK but got really annoyed with the upselling of bottled water, the severe lack of offer from the Waiters for the Cheese Course, and after dinner mints and coffee had to be requested all the time. Presentation and Quality of Food was OK.

Buffet Restaurant was OK for breakfast. Reasonable choice of cooked/cold options. Tried the 'food to go' sandwiches for lunch one day which were inedible. Had a Burger and a Hot Dog from the Grill, which weren't bad.

Entertainment was reasonable. Annie Lennox act was quite good, and the resident band did an 80's evening which was OK. Only caught last half of comedy night in the Theatre - Peter Piper was his name I think. Not terribly funny imho........

Being such a huge great ship, it generally didn't feel crowded too often. Managed to find some quiet areas on deck and in the Crows Nest. Personally, I think the ship is just too big, but only my opinion.

This is my 3rd Cruise with P&O, and just in the couple of years since I first cruised with them, I think their standards have dropped. Sadly, I think they are trying to appeal to the mass market, and that made this cruise feel very much like a 'package holiday'. Will very much look to try a different Cruise Line for my next Cruise

chiggy444's Full Rating Summary

Flam Railway

A lovely trip on a very scenic railway BUT what a rip off. We combined the railway with a Bicycle trip back down the valley to Flam, and although it was a fab experience £114 is a complete con.

If you want to do the Railway at Flam [which I recommend] book it independently as some others in our party did and save yourselves ££££'s

View All 212 Flam Railway Reviews