Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review

Excellent ship - Its Huge!

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review by vishnu38

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

The ship is huge! No question about it but it doesnt really feel that big since it has so many rooms which is the reason it makes it big. However, I love the neighborhood concept which removes the monotony from the ship. The shows were phenomenal (Flight, Hiro,1977 to name a few. I personally felt that the amount of area wasted on the aqua theater for just one show was not justified. I think that area could have been used for something else while the show was not happening. The Mexican restaurant was awesome and had a lot to offer. The Solarium is an awesome place but the food is not up to the mark. The windjammer restaurant was busy as usual with a good spread and courteous staff.

I have to also mention the adventure club. The club was very spacious. The 7-9 room did not have much of stuff but they seemed to do a lot of active stuff (sports games etc) the 3-5 room had a small playset etc. the kids enjoyed the time there with extremely good care for lunch and dinner. They did seem to see a lot of television which I wasnt very happy about but we were on vacation so who cares.

The pools were clean and fun. The rides did not seem to have too much of a line which made it fun. I was upset about the zip line as they were not organized. They asked me to go fill a waiver after standing in line, then I got back and they mentioned that I couldnt ride with sandals ( belted type). I asked them if I could ride bare foot and they said I couldnt but if I had a pair of socks it would be OK. that was complete BS.

Overall, great ship, lots to explore, and advice not to do more than 3 excursions on a 7 day cruise if you want to do justice to the ship.

vishnu38's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 5D 14614

The room feel very well planned. We were a family of 4 (kids of 7 and 4) the room was rather spacious with all the luggage under the bed. The cupboards were spacious with enough room for all our stuff to be stored inside and still had a lot of room to spare. The balcony was spacious and was a perfect place for the kids to eat their breakfast every morning. The room service offers free continental breakfast to the room and any other food is 7.95USD per order which is reasonable.

Caves of Drach

Excellent excursion. The only problem was that the guide was rather annoying with a constant chatter. It was not necessary to talk so much.

View All 33 Caves of Drach Reviews
La Spezia (Cinque Terre)

We did the Portofino, Rapallo and Santa Margarita. The guide struggled to express and repeated herself many times in between the sentence. She was a little too controlling which wasted a lot of time. Walk here. See here, wait here, lets go there, wait again, come back here at this time etc. I understand the concern but you are not dealing with kindergartners. When we have minimal time we want to make the most of it.

Rome on Your Own

We took the passage to rome. The guide stopped the bus far away and then we walked to the vatican grounds. We could have just dispersed from the location of the bus and returned there and would have saved a lot of time. The guide himself was of no help with recommendations and information.

View All 171 Rome on Your Own Reviews