Amadeus Brilliant Cruise Review

Enjoyed the river cruise. The staff are great and good food

Amadeus Brilliant Cruise Review by ramanaidoo

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe River

This is our first river cruise. We had done the inside passage to Alaska from Vancouver. We boarded the cruise in Amsterdam and disembarked in Budapest.

Overall, we enjoyed the cruise. The restaurant staff were absolutely great. They always served us in friendly manner, attended to our needs and made us feel very welcome. I will give 110% for their service and friendliness.

The cruise was good except for occasional bumps at the locks. Some of my friends were in a cabins at the back of the ship and experienced engine noise.

Forget about watching TV, all in foreign language except for a new channel (skynews) which was in English. Very disappointing TV and reception.

There are limited books on board to read and I read 3 of them. There are some board games, scrabble, cards etc which we played while sailing.

The other negative of the cruise is the options excursions. They are expensive. We mamaged to do many of them at fraction of the cost on our own.

The did bring a birthday cake for my wife on her birthday, very nice jesture.

ramanaidoo's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Lower Deck 102

Cabin is very cramped for two people. It is sufficient to sleep, shower and change. There is no place for bags although we are advised to push the bags under the beds. Not a practical solution. To compensate for the small cabin we spent most of our time in the common room on third floor, restaurant and upper deck.

City Tour

I could have walked the city myself at much cheaper cost

View All 148 City Tour Reviews