3. Azamara Quest
We chose this cruise because of the itinerary. Sardinia and Corsica have been on my bucket list for a while. We travelled to Civitavecchia by car on the day of departure and were delivered right to the ship. Embarkation went very smoothly from there. Having tried other options in the past I'd highly recommend this approach. The ship isn't new but it is well cared for. It's smaller than most cruise ships which creates a more personal experience. Despite its smaller size it handles heavy seas reasonably well. Cabin: Our cabin (club continent suite) was presented in immaculate condition when we boarded and was kept that way for the entire cruise. Special thanks to Xavier, Caitano and Osvy. The cabin was quite roomy and had more storage than we needed. Wining and Dining: We ate most of our dinners in either Prime C or Aqualina. Both were great. We also ate at the BBQ / Buffet set up for the White Night. We tended to eat breakfast at Windows Cafe, but opted for breakfast served in our cabin by Xavier on two indulgent occasions. We grabbed a burger at the Pool Grill on the one sea day and also had lunch at Windows cafe on Day 1 after boarding. Without exception all the food we ate was superb and where applicable was cooked just the way we asked for it. In the restaurants waiters and sommeliers were helpful, attentive, and knowledgeable. We could not have asked for anything more. We did take up the option of a drinks package and I would recommend this for the wider choice of wines and beers it provides. Ketut and Aru did a great job in the sunset bar. Entertainment: The White Night and the Azamazing Evening were both highly enjoyable. A bit more information could have been provided about the Azamazing Evening, eg was the music traditional Maltese or was it something else. This however is a minor criticism. The objective was to create a great night out and this was certainly achieved. Shore Excursions: These ranged from fantastic to passable. The Costasmeralda trip was passable. It mostly consisted of looking at rich peoples' houses, yachts, cars etc. with a visit to a 1960s era shopping centre. If you were into that sort of thing you would have had a ball, but if they described it as such they probably would have had fewer disappointed customers. The Vizzavona Tasting Trip was the highlight for me. We got taken to small village (Bocognano) for a comfort and coffee stop and it was interesting to just wander the streets and observe the locals. After that it was up to VIzzavona for some Corsican wine and food with amazing scenery on the way up and back to the ship. Would I go again? I'd be only too happy to cruise with Azamara again. I don't know that I'd do the same itinerary. It was great but there are other places on the bucket list.

Great Ship + Great Crew = Great Cruise

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by PetB

Shore Excursions: These ranged from fantastic to passable.

BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Thank you PetB for the 5-star review! We are glad you so enjoyed the cruise, and that you'll be back when you find the right itinerary. We will be waiting for you!
PetB’s Full Rating Summary