3. Celebrity Eclipse
This was best cruise so far. My wife and I both agree, that this one was the best so far all we have taken. It all started with Manuela Becker, our Michael’s Club Concierge. She was a real gem and always had a smile for us. There was a seamless handoff from Sara Gouveia (we love her and will see her soon on Infinity), the Michael’s Club Concierge from our last 2 cruises on Eclipse to Manuela. If we needed anything, a special dinner, a different liquor in the bar, an excursion, or whatever, Manuela was there. Manuela was in training some days, so we got to know Alex from Customer Service too. He was always smiling and had good ideas for excursions and things we needed. The other Michael’s Club staff were excellent. Latoy, the Bartender during the day, learned my wife’s favorite Prohibition Mai Tai, with excellent coaching from Nevile, our Michael’s Bartender from the last cruise. We always love Nevile when he’s around. Unfortunately he was mostly working the Mast Bar this cruise. Vicky (Victoria) was our ‘relief’ Bartender, on loan from Murano’s. It was fun getting to know her and her home country of Moldovia. She mostly was there for afternoon tea. We also saw her as an Assistant Waiter in Murano’s for our 4 dinners there and she always stopped by to say hello. The staff in Luminae was tremendous! Davut was our primary Waiter and he was fantastic. He always remembered little things, like no croutons in my Caesar salad or to always bring a MDR menu, because I like to see what’s in there too. He knew how all the dishes were prepared and always remembered my wife’s aversion to goat cheese. We were also able to chat with Ante & Floyd our Waiters from the last 2 cruises too. It was nice to catch up with them. The Assistant Waiters in Luminae we all gems. Valeria and Nina were always prompt offering water and breads and making sure we had everything we could possibly want. Arnold “Not the Schwarzeneggerr”, the Sommelier in Luminae always remember what wines we liked and made sure they were available. He was great at paring recommendations. Arnold was always happy and great to talk to. We had the best time at the World Class Bar with Marius. We took two of his mixology classes about cocktails and Macallan Scotch. Both were very insightful and fun to take. My wife and I both learned a lot. We loved the drinks he made and just had to try at least one of each. Paul, was one of favorite bartenders from Michael’s Club previous cruises. He’s quiet, efficient and so friendly. We wish there was a World Class Bar on Infinity for our next 5 cruises. We’re really going to miss it. We had great Suite Butlers. We loved Budi. He always seemed to be around in the hall welcoming us. We had a standing coffee order for 6 AM, before we worked out, and he never missed being right on time. We were so sad when he was transferred to Reflection before the end of our cruise. Allain took over for the last few days of the cruise and stepped in very well. And lastly our favorite, Annie, our Room Attendant. She kept everything spotless and picked up. She handled special requests, like my request for a foam pillow, quickly. We knew Annie from our last cruise and although I know she must have had hundreds of cabins since then, she remembered us as we were walking down the passageway to our cabin on the first day of the cruise. I know this is long, but we really love Celebrity people. It’s people who make Celebrity special.

One of Our Best Cruises Ever

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by meeekr

meeekr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S2 2120
Good Sky Suite on Deck 12. As we're not 'sun people' we really appreciate the large overhang which gave us veranda shade nearly all the time.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins