3. Royal Princess
This was our first cruise ever. Travelled as a family of four with my two sons age 12 and 15. The ship itself was incredible - so spacious and we never felt crowded. There was always somewhere to go for some quiet time. We boarded around 11 am and we were on the ship and having lunch within about 45 minutes of our arrival at the dock. The sail away on the top deck was pretty magical! Our room was Emerald deck 712, deluxe balcony near the rear of the ship. I think this location is one of the best kept secrets on the ship. Located directly below is the promenade deck with lovely sun chairs and very quiet. Just walk out our cabin door and down one set of stairs and we were there. We used this deck more than any others due to how quiet it was. Our cabin was tidied multiple times a day, spotless. Carmen was our steward and she was amazing. Plenty of room for the 4 of us with a queen bed, pull out couch, and one bunk bed. There is no shortage of incredible food - we tried everything at least once I think. My boys got room service quite a few times when they wanted some quiet time after a busy day. We loved the Crown Grill and the dining rooms as well. The service was terrific from start to finish .. cannot say enough about how great the service was. The quality of food all over the ship was terrific. We spent some time at the adult retreat pool - very nice as well. We did excursions in Bahamas, St Thomas (catamaran snorkelling), Antigua (zip lining and beach), St Lucia (tour the Pitons) ... we did our own DIY tours in Barbados and St Kitts. They were all great. Both my boys participated in the kids program - they were pretty much gone all the time with other kids, they loved it. The demographic of our cruise was definitely more of a senior age group but there were enough kids for them to make lots of friends. They all exchanged contact info at the end and I wouldn't be surprised if they keep in touch. We would definitely cruise with Princess again. Trip of a lifetime for us.

First Cruise - incredible! 10 day Eastern Caribbean

Royal Princess Cruise Review by kellylantz

We spent some time at the adult retreat pool - very nice as well.

We would definitely cruise with Princess again. Trip of a lifetime for us.
kellylantz’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony
Cabin DE E712
Our cabin was perfect, spacious enough for 4. Spotless, nice balcony with great view and easy access to everything from this location.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins