The ship is lovely, all paneled walls and elegant furnishings. People have referred to it as old world. I also like very much that it is smaller than the ones we have been on in the past. It is not so exhausting to go from one end to the other all day. I also feel that it is easier to meet people when there are fewer of them. You are more likely to see people you have seen before. The theater is less massive. There are fewer nighttime activities, which is fine, and only 2 stores, which is great. It feels much less commercial than the big ships. Everything feels more low key. The entertainers were very good, except for the comedian. The food was very good, though not as exceptional as the advertising would lead you to believe. I would skip the ship's excursions and book your own separately. You will get smaller groups at less cost with more customization possible. I was annoyed that all the tours included shopping stops. Though I understand that people want souvenirs, I felt this took p too much of the excursion time. Be aware that if you did not prepay the tips they will be charged against the $800 shipboard credit that people commonly opt for. I didn't realize this and used my credit up on other things that I could have skipped. Bottom line. Great itineray. Lovely ship and service. Feel confident to book this cruise.

They covered it all; a great cruise

Nautica Cruise Review by gcj

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

gcj’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Nautica price drops

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A1 7010
The concierge cabins apparently are the same size as the rest of them, not bigger. The spa in the front of the ship is a quiet area, a plus from the crowds around the center pool, but there is no hot tub at the spa. You have to go back to the main pool area for the hot tub.

Free internet was a worthwhile bonus for me, since I use it a lot. Double accIess to the specialty restaurants matters to some. I don't love beef so went to the Italian restaurant 3 times. I thought the food in the main dining room was as good.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins