3. Emerald Star
Done 15 lovely cruises without complaint but this one was the worst. On boarding we were concerned there were no sanitisers and this carried on throughout the cruise. On the second evening after the Captains dinner had violent diarrhoea and sickness which carried on for 34 hrs. It was reported to the cruise director next morning whose only concern was my wife was missing the trip. When I recovered I went to see the cruise director who denied he had been told and said no crew or other passengers were ill but after confrontation admitted 9 other cabins had got it then my wife got it the buffet was closed to self service until no new cases but only lasted for 1 day and people still becoming ill until end of cruise including crew as we were told by our cabin steward.cabins were poorly designed. The food was mediocre tasteless and usually cold bit like Wetherspoons, seems like all sourced from central kitchen. Cruise director unhelpful staff self praised without justification. This is one company we will never travel with again.

Disappointing

Emerald Star Cruise Review by L D Groom

L D Groom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Star price drops

Cabin poorly designed and small