3. Carnival Vista
I was able to score a Havana Balcony and the itinerary was excellent. Never cruised out of Miami and was a little hectic compared to Galveston. Havana Balcony on deck 5 was expensive but well worth it. Spent majority of sea days on Balcony or in back of ship. Never went to Lido (other than for food), there wasn’t a need. I can’t say I would book again just due to the expense, but LOVED it. Antrim is missing elevators which I miss, but beautiful. Ship layout like most so if you have been on Dream, Magic or Breeze you will have no problem finding your way around. More seating for outside dining, it is amazing to be able to go to your specialized dining rooms and eat on the deck. Entertainment I found to be like any other ship and was good but not excellent. Seems to be a repeat after sailing multiple times. Service is excellent as always. I had the option of having my room cleaned am, pm, or both. I selected am and had no problems. Found Miami port to be very congested and longer wait times than Galveston. Ports to Grand Turk, St Kitts, San Juan, and St Maarten were fantastic. Would do this cruise, ports and ship again in a heartbeat.

Fantastic cruise and great ports.

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Kettle Cooked

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Havana Cabana (Balcony)

Found Miami port to be very congested and longer wait times than Galveston.

Ports to Grand Turk, St Kitts, San Juan, and St Maarten were fantastic.

Would do this cruise, ports and ship again in a heartbeat.
Kettle Cooked’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Havana Cabana (Balcony)
Cabin HE 5210
Fantastic. Absolutely loved it. If you have the money and don’t like the crowds around Lido deck pool, this rooms has your name on it.
Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Grand Turk
    Went to Jack’s Shack and met Topher, then to MargaritaVille. Water clear and not too crowded, but we were the only ship in port.
    View All 2,107 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Took a bus tour of city and then toured fort. Excellent history
    Ship offered same tour for $60, we paid $15 pp for tour and $7 pp for Fort.
    View All 232 City Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    Went to Reggae Beach. Disappointed with beach, water murky like lake water, unable to snorkel. Plan to spend $5 per chair and $5 per umbrella which is reasonable, but if a large group can get expensive.
  • Island tour
    Great tour of St Kitts then went to Reggae Beach. Disappointed with beach, water murky like lake water, unable to snorkel. Plan to spend $5 per chair and $5 per umbrella which is reasonable, but if a large group can get expensive.
    View All 263 Island tour Reviews
  • St. Maartan Airport Tour
    Excellent and was able to see a few planes land. Fun to play in water that was clear. Island is still damaged but didn’t interrupt tour or beach.
    View All 96 St. Maartan Airport Tour Reviews