3. Viking Heimdal
As a wine lover, I wanted to travel to the area where the best wine came from. While I could have chosen another cruise that concentrated more on wine country, my wife is a fan of history and this trip combined the two superbly. It was my first experience with Viking River Cruises. I feel the choice could not have been better. From the comfort and condition of the ship, to the attentiveness of the crew, I was made to feel like a long time passenger onboard. The dining was spectacular. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were so varied and exquisitely prepared it would be impossible not to have your taste buds tantalized and a satiating amount to eat. Being that it was a cruise in France, the cuisine followed suit. Gourmet offerings of escargot and frog legs as appetizers highlighted the main courses they accompanied. The food offered was so good, different, and surprising it would take up too much space to describe here. So, all this, and then there was the touring experience at each port of call. Every evening the next day's itinerary in extolled by the cruise director in the comfort of the lounge before dinner. The ships passengers were assigned to small groups of 20-25 people. Each group was led by a seasoned guide for the town. Not only were the guides I experienced knowledgeable, they expressed how much they enjoyed showing you the town. And there is no trouble hearing the guide, because you have a personal earpiece allowing you to hear them even sixty feet away. The value of the cruise is hard to believe until you have the experience. There are other tours that may be lower priced, but I felt that Viking had everything so well planned and executed there was never a concern about fully enjoying myself. I don't yet know when or where, but I look forward to my next cruise with Viking. And also meeting so many other interesting fellow cruisers.

Luxury Exploring

riffseeker’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Heimdal price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 230
As with any ship's stateroom space is at a premium. They are well designed with quality materials used in construction. Cabins are for sleeping and dressing in my opinion. There are plenty of comfortable public areas to lounge throughout the ship. Attentive service personel keep the cabin spotless and stocked.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins