3. MSC Poesia
We are retired and cruise at least once a year. This was our first Mediterranean cruise and we chose it because of the itinerary. The embarkation process went smoothly and our cabin was immaculate and a great location. Our cabin service was very good as well. It was always cleaned when we returned from our day out. However, we took this cruise to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday & our first disappointment was there was only one specialty restaurant - sushi. I've never been on a ship that didn't have at least one steakhouse for special occasions. We ate nightly in the dining room and the food was nearly inedible The menu was limited, repetitious & sometimes hard to identify. Also, we were charged for water and iced tea. We were told they had no tap water to serve with the meals. Our dining room service was rude as well. When we ate in the buffet their food was no better. One of the reasons you take a cruise is for the food and if it's not good it taints your opinion of the entire cruise. Many of our fellow passengers we talked with had the same opinion. The entertainment was mediocre at best. Most nights we skipped it. We've taken the Divina in the Caribbean and have been very pleased with the cruises. However I would be very hesitant to recommend this ship to anyone unless they replace the chef and wait staff. I wrote to the president of MSC and to our US Office but had no response.

Cruise itinerary was great - food was terrible.

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by georgiaL73

The entertainment was mediocre at best. Most nights we skipped it.

I wrote to the president of MSC and to our US Office but had no response.
georgiaL73’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Poesia price drops

Cabin was specious, well appointed and great balcony. The location was very good as well. Our cabin steward looked after us very well.
  MSC Poesia Deck Plans