3. American Constellation
This is a nice new ship. Cabin and bathroom are large. The service is excellent. The food is basic American, good but fewer choices than on the larger cruise lines. My husband and I liked everything but I would have liked the food to be more upscale. The cocktail hour was disappointing. You can only get basic drinks. The staff needs to go to bartending classes and the ship needs to be stocked with everything needed to make all drinks. The entertainment was various piano and guitar players. There are no activities onboard. these need to be added. There is a guest lecturer on board. Shore excursions were fine. The big problem was being stuck in the same port for three days due to high winds. This was extremely boring. We had to be bussed to the excursions and that took a very long time. Had the cruise gone to all the ports on the itinerary I would probably have given this a very good. There were no children on this cruise. We live near Charleston and highly recommend exploring this departure city.

Small Ship Cruising

American Constellation Cruise Review by GrandmamaFive

GrandmamaFive’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Constellation price drops

Cabin was bigger that on larger cruise lines. The bathroom was large enough for my husband to take his walker in.