Volga Dream Cruise Review

Wonderful trip of a lifetime

Volga Dream Cruise Review by Jakers1

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Russia River

My 13 year old granddaughter wanted to go to Russia so I booked us a year in advance for the Platinum level. We had high end hotels, all transfers were seamless, and we felt safe. We spent 3 days in Moscow then boarded the ship, which was clean, updated, and comfortable. During the meals, if there was something my granddaughter did not like, the staff went out of their way to make sure she had a great meal. When in Moscow, we did venture out two nights for dinner on our own, with no problems.

We saw some other ships when in ports on the river and decided we had the best kept one ever! The ship was also soundproofed so you did not hear the persons next door.

The only downside was not enough time to shop in some of the stops on the river and some of the lunches were 4 courses - far too much food! And we saw a lot of icons.

The guides were well informed and answered questions fully; the whisper system worked well. I was surprised to see so many subway stations in Moscow, we saw around 6 of them, maybe more. Now that I have been there, my daughter wants to go, maybe in a year or two!

The people on the trip were great - we were the only Americans on the entire ship, but never felt like we did not belong.

Jakers1's Full Rating Summary

Cabin platinum 203

Excellent, clean, well kept and service was perfect.

Jakers1