Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchanting

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by broz

• Sail Date: Aug 2009
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

This was my daughter's High School Graduation gift...4 night cruise. We were mom 45, daughter-18, boyfriend-18, son 14. We went with another family; Mom, son-17 and daughter-15. This was our 5th cruise and first for my daughter's boyfriend and the other family. We flew Airtran from PHL to Fort Lauderdale the day before, rented a mini van from Budget and stayed at the Comfort Suites Airport Cruise Port. I'm not sure I could justify the rental car cost...$88.00 for one day, although it gave us the freedom to go to the beach and grocery store and out to dinner at LuLu's (decent food, good drinks). The hotel offered free shuttle from the airport to hotel, then a free shuttle from hotel to the port. Taxi's were waiting to take you back to the airport after the cruise...$20.00 for each family. Hotel was adequate, clean and comfortable, the pool was green though (and tiny). The breakfast offered was better than I expected, more than traditional coffee and danish.

We arrived at the port around 11:00 and breezed right through check in and up to Windjammers for lunch. I think our first time cruisers were in awe at how beautiful this ship was. This was my first time on Enchantment and I would never have guessed her older age. Her refurbished facelift looked wonderful. Her staff was wonderful also, always a friendly hello and smile! Our interior cabin was a bit small but adequate for two. The girls in one and the boys in another, next door. We paid $249.00 each, so how can I possibly complain?

The food in the Windjammer's was good, breakfast was great, the made-to-order omelet station was perfect. We did the late traditional dining every night and the food was excellant! Onion tart ? Escargots ? Lobster Bisque ? etc. Yummy!!

We did all of the shows...the Haines magic show was good, as were the singers and dancers. Carl Banks was the comedian, and he was hysterical, especially the late night show (alittle raunchy, so the little ones needed to go away)! The Quest, as usual (get there early for a good seat, it was mobbed), was very funny, as was the Love and Marriage show.

Leaving was not as organized as getting on. Customs was backed up. But, sadly we had to leave. The Enchantment is a beautiful ship and I would definately recommend her, I am glad she is coming to Baltimore!

broz's Full Rating Summary

Cabin int 3021

seemed off the beaten track, quiet location, not alot of traffic.

Key West

Walked around and did some shopping, then walked to Fort Zachery Beach. It is a far walk and we ended up calling for two taxi's to pick us to take us back to the pier. I think it was about $20.00 with tip for each cab. The beach is not soft sand so we brought water shoes with us. There just isn't enough time here as we needed to be on board by 1:30.

broz