3. Queen Elizabeth
I have cruised with Cunard and other similar companies before but I choose this specific cruise for its dates, convenience and pricing. The itinerary was not new to me and I embarked with mixed feelings about the voyage. I strongly feel Cunard's ships offer very elegant surroundings, ships that feel like ships unadorned with gimmicky features and, of course, excellent service. I like the fact that the dress code is stricter and smart wear is encouraged in the evenings but it is in no way stuffy or superior, everyone is very friendly and relaxed. There are a few areas solely for Queen's Grill passengers but I have never been aware of these or felt excluded as all the main areas and facilities of the ship are open to everyone. I am pleased that fellow passengers respect the standard Cunard offers and behave accordingly so that, for example, sitting in one of the bars sipping a cocktail and chatting or listening to live background music is uninterrupted by noisy behaviour. There is plenty of opportunity for fun and more informal surroundings in the Golden Lion pub and deck parties, etc. I particularly love the Queens Room ballroom as it is spacious with a superb dance floor and a big attraction to anyone interested in ballroom dancing which is held there every evening. There are dance hosts, too, for anyone travelling solo as I do. I found all the evening entertainment in the theatre to be excellent and also enjoyed the lectures on sea days. The itinerary was similar to other ships but mostly enjoyable, especially as we had sunny and warm conditions for most of our ports which felt like a bonus in November! Another bonus was that most of the ports were easy to get around independently, apart from visiting Seville, and it was well worth booking the coach transfer there. The embarkation and disembarkation were extremely efficient and the fastest I have ever experienced.

Elegance

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by SuQsocs

SuQsocs’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE 8168
Situated towards the aft of the ship and convenient quick access to Lido outside deck and dining venues. Some said the higher deck was more prone to movement and there was a very slight tremble when sea was a little rough through Bay of Biscay but I mostly found the cabin extremely comfortable and well situated. The cabin felt spacious, very clean and attractively presented and, most important of all, I felt the bed was particularly comfortable.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Gibraltar
    I have been here many times and, unless you have never been up on the rock or unless you like duty free shopping, I feel there is little to do. I walked through the town to the botanical gardens (free entry). The entrance to these is from the cable car car park, just past the cable car.
    View All 727 Gibraltar Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Gibraltar Cruise Port Review
  • La Coruna
    A pleasant enough place for a short stroll and port frontage is attractively developed around the small harbour and marina. There is not a great deal to do here and most people do seem to choose visiting Santiago de Compostela from here. For those staying in port, there is a free shuttle bus service to the department store El Cortes Inglese which is nice.
    View All 237 La Coruna Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's La Coruna Cruise Port Review
  • Lisbon
    Plenty to see and do in Lisbon and very good public transport links via metro to centre and via trams or walking. If you select your route carefully, the walk up to the Castle is not too steep and you can hop on a tram to return to the centre. Number 28, the tourist tram, always has a very long queue. The modern tram number 15 takes you from the centre to the Belem Tower, Jeronimous Monastery and monument to the Discoveries and this takes about 40 minutes each way.
    View All 801 Lisbon Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Lisbon Cruise Port Review
  • Malaga
    I found the old town unexpectedly pleasant and interesting. The Cathedral is amazing and the roof tour is well worth the extra. There were about 200 steps but I was surprised that it did not feel too difficult as there was a rest stop half way. The views were superb and so interesting to look down on the tops of the cathedral domes. Next I went to the Moorish Palace and gardens. The entrance was very cheap and the visit most enjoyable. The botanical gardens alongside the harbour road (which is busy) make a pleasant and cool stroll before returning to the shuttle drop off point.
    View All 465 Malaga Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Malaga Cruise Port Review
  • Seville on Your Own
    Very worth while visiting. There is a cheaper option by train but station quite a way from town and trains could be unreliable. The coach was very good and journey time was 90 minutes, leaving plenty of time to explore. I went straight to Alcazar. There are long queues at both the Cathedral and Alcazar but my queue, although it looked long, only took about 30 minutes to entry and visit was really well worth while. Beware guide touts approaching queue with offers to bypass it because they charged a lot and got inside no quicker once they had assembled their group! Both the gardens and interiors were beautiful.
    View All 24 Seville on Your Own Reviews