3. Scenic Azure
We previously had a great experience with Scenic when we went to New Zealand 18 months ago. Our expectations of this river cruise were met and exceeded. The ship's specifications and comfort level were very good indeed. The customer service was excellent with a can-do attitude, very friendly and professional standards. The food was lovely. All the crew were very friendly and made you think you were their only customers and not that they were repeating this time and again. There was a small problem with the room which was repaired thoroughly and very quickly with no inconvenience to us at all. The meeting and greeting each time we left and boarded the ship was very welcoming and also very reassuring that security was taken responsibly. The pianist played almost continuously and really came into his own during the top deck barbecue one lunch time. This was glorious. Great food, atmosphere, music and sunshine!! Food and drink were lovely at all times - just go on a diet before you start your holiday. We were not left wanting at any time. I found the holiday thoroughly relaxing in every way. I would recommend it 100%. More coaches were provided for our excursions than actually needed to give us more space, rather than filling each seat. The excursions were varied, good choices offered and very well conducted. When an excursion was led by a local guide, the tour staff based on our ship came along too to ensure smooth running. They were the "tail-end Charlies" to ensure no one was left behind but they were discreet in doing this. The only criticism we all had was the poor meal provided by the restaurant in Salamanca, the trip there itself, though, was lovely. Regarding the ship, Wifi is very intermittent but there is a warning about this in the information provided before the trip. The public rooms could also be chilly at times so a jacket / wrap would be useful. We did ask for the temperature to be increased but this wasn't always effective. Regarding Scenic, I would like to suggest that they don't colour code the name badges with the silver, gold and platinum customer status. Sometimes it can lead to a type of attitude amongst some client which we noticed on our New Zealand tour - but not so much on the river cruise. I suggest there is a points system to reward regular clients which doesn't then need to be publicised. I would definitely go again. It was one of my best holidays.

River Duoro Cruise with Scenic Cruises From Porto

Scenic Azure Cruise Review by gill.johns1

I would definitely go again. It was one of my best holidays.
gill.johns1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Azure price drops

Beautiful beds. Innovative and generous storage space. Temperature controls. Fully carpeted. Balcony with electric window. Stylish and comfortable. Plug sockets are multi national but if you need an adaptor the crew can provide this. Sound proofed as the only sound from one neighbouring cabin came from the toilet flush.