3. Costa Diadema
We chose this cruise because we flew into London for 2 day -took Eurostar to Paris for 2 days -then train to Marseilles. We Ubered from St.Charles train station for 21euros, great uber driver, we embaraked about 2 pm with a very short line.This is a first time for us so even as we didnt know what steps to take we made it without a problem. We went straight to the cabin and greeted by our new best buddy Rommel. He was great, attentive, and cleaned our room like twice a day. Our beds were put together to make the large bed which i kept falling in the middle all night, but oh well. We had the inside room, no window It was pretty large and the bathroom was large too. We could put our luggage under the bed and it had a small fridge. had all-in-one shampoo/soap in the shower. Overall i was impressed with the size of the room. We had breakfast brought to the room for 10 extra euros a day. All carbs, no meat, so i went out to the buffet to add cold cuts. Breakfast buffet does not have hot food that i could remember,only cold cuts, bread,cereal, danishes,donuts. negative on eggs or bacon. Buffet food was good, there were certain days that the buffet had my favorites like Prawn, Paella etc. I think that was when we docked in Spain. I preferred the dining food over the buffet. Our seated dining was a table for 2 with the view of the ocean in the back, they said that was the best seat in the house. It was very romantic. Our waiter Nyoman was training and he was shy at first, but day 2 and 3 etc, he loosened up and felt comfortable with us too. I danced with the waiters on Italy night and it was great fun. Gelato and crepe bar was cute and colorful but extra cost. We got the middle drink package 26 euros a day, gave me all the sodas i wanted and a few cocktails(i dont drink much), but my husband was constantly out of package for the drinks he preferred. So he settled for Gin and tonic, so maybe the third tier was better but didnt match me, the non-drinker, in cost. Coffee was excellent Illy cappucinos all day long. The announcements are in italian with brief English translations so might as well be all italian coz i didnt undertand a thing, but thats ok coz the itineray plan was in english. The Shows were one main show an evening, and band nights in different bars on the ship. I didnt care for the shows, seemed mediocre but the bands were fun, also in italian or english songs with accents The singing contest was fun, also an italian host. No translation except for the American songs they sang. There were always dancing lessons all over the ship and plenty of people joining in. the day activities were few so its best to get off the ship and check out barcelona, palma de mallorca, civitavecchia, savona , and spend the day or half a day outside. It was very very hot outside this time of year. Pools are very small, So i never used my bathingsuit because it was too tight and crowded. Photo guys were out to sell. They didnt have choices in the packages basically it was 14,20,30 euros for individuals or 400euros for all. Couldnt afford to buy them all. We took a drop off costa sanctioned bus to Rome and we walked it ourselves. Then we ubered to the Vatican. It was cheaper and at our own pace. We felt we did the right thing for us. All went smooth and got back to the ship right on time. Embarking was chaotic so we sardined our way back in. Disembarking was easy and we found our way back to the train by taxi because uber couldnt get in 28 euros. For the inexperienced cruisers like us, we were very satisfied, but all the experienced ones may find the need for more activities on the ship. My husband says he loves cruising now, so thats all of it in a nutshell.

Touched as many places in Europe in 2 weeks

Costa Diadema Cruise Review by Supermaxxy

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Classic Inside

My husband says he loves cruising now, so thats all of it in a nutshell.
Supermaxxy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Diadema price drops

Classic Inside
Cabin IC 10030
it was the cheapest room available but honestly it was pretty impressive. Large room, large bathroom. luggage fit well under the bed and it was cleaned twice a day.
Bizantino Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins