3. MSC Musica
Santorini was my reason for choosing this specific cruise. It was everything I'd hoped for and more. We had enough time on shore to do a first exploration. The excursions are very expensive so we chose to "do it our own way". We took local excursions on arrival in some ports which were very much cheaper and very good. Other ports such as Kotor - one just walks across the road from the ship and enjoys the ancient enclosed city. In Athens we used the hop-on-hop-off bus to go to see the Parthenon and view the city. This was more than adequate. Santorini we took a local Boat/bus (for just 15 Euro each) which took us to Oia (Magically beautiful) where we walked around, shopped, marvelled at the amazing views and scenery. Then back on the bus across to Fira - again for a lovely potter around. Then for just 6 Euro we caught the funicular back down to the harbour to re-join MSC Musica. We did not try the "Donkey ride" as I am against this use of animals and it was SO VERY HOT and friends who have done it say it is quite dangerous. I have been on two cruised with MSC, a 3-day cruise within South Africa and then this cruise for 7 nights Venice - Venice. In future I will not do a cruise shorter than 7 nights and preferable longer. I would most definitely cruise with MSC again. The dinners in the dining room were exceptionally good with a good selection of food dishes. The restaurant staff were the best I have experienced anywhere. We had a full drinks package (this excludes certain top range alcoholic beverages), and the choice of wine was not good. I am a red wine drinker and after tasting the red wine on offer I stuck to prosecco and cocktails for the rest of the trip. We enjoyed our complimentary massages, but not the fact that (up to an hour) was only 40 minutes and were embarrassed by the salon staff trying to push us into buying products and booking more treatments. I had thought we had free access to the gym on the Aurea package, but was stopped and turned away by the salon staff???? The walking track on deck 14 was cluttered with day beds so one could not get exercise out there either. The nightly entertainment of music in a number of bars and the live show every night was absolutely brilliant. I will now be looking for where MSC are cruising next year and will be booking my 2018 cruise soon.

Holiday with a Friend

MSC Musica Cruise Review by Joantravel

Joantravel’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Musica price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Aurea
Cabin B3 14002
Beautifully clean. Comfy bed and lovely balcony. Room size rather tight for two friends sharing. Shower small but adequate. The service of breakfast to our cabin did not arrive the first time we requested it. The choice of in-cabin breakfast is very limited. The gentleman servicing our room was excellent as was almost all the staff on board.
Cantata Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins