3. Harmony of the Seas
I have sailed on many cruise lines, and Royal Caribbean is one of my favorites. However, I would only go on the Harmony of the Seas one time. It is great to experience such a large boat, but it did not have some of the things I liked on smaller ships. For example, reservations were needed for EVERYTHING. Grease, The Fine Line, and the ice skating shows were done unbelievably well. Columbus and the other aqua show were supposed to be comedies, but they seem to be for younger children. The humor is random and childish. However, we didn't have a show we could go to every night because of reservations. This is the largest thing I disliked about the cruise. On other ships, my family and I have been able to attend a show every night without reservations, whether they be dancing shows or plays. I enjoyed having that. I understand why they don't do it, and that is because of the sheer amount of people, but I still missed that. Also, My Time Dining was unsatisfactory. We still had to wait to eat because reservations were made for the whole week by other guests. The excursions were amazing, and there always seemed to be seats at the pool (party of 2). Our cabin was always maintained, and the crew was friendly. It was crazy that every time we came back to the room, even in the middle of the day, our cabin was clean. The staff is very friendly, and they seem to always know the answers. We would ask people questions unrelated to their specific job, but they still knew where to point us, and that was very nice. There were many amenities on this cruise for kids, and for adults as well. The water slides were popular with the kids, as well as the ice cream machine. The cruise director was phenomenal and hosted many events across the ship. He was hilarious and personable, and he was able to make the crowd laugh when the moment could have been awkward. On a different note, the excursions were great! We went on the Rainbow Reef Snorkel in Nassau and the Mt. Liamuiga Volcano Hike in St. Kitts. We initially were unsure about the Rainbow Reef Snorkel because of the lack of pictures or proper reviews on it, however, we found that it was quite satisfactory. There were many rock and coral formations to look at and dive down to. There were tons of fish because they chum the water, but it was still nice to have things to look at. If you got away from the people a little bit, you saw more fish doing natural things. It was very nice. The hike in St. Kitts was the best excursion that I have ever done. I love doing strenuous things outdoors, as I often participate in mud runs (Spartan Races, Tough Mudders, etc.), so this was right up my alley. It was a very strenuous hike, and their aren't many breaks. You are in groups of about 12, and, at one point, we had to scramble over the rocks to get to the summit. It was 2000ft in about 2 1/2 hours, so if you are not fit, I do not suggest this excursion. It is definitely not one for pictures and sight seeing until you get to the top. Honestly, my descent was more of an uncoordinated slide down the mountain. I thought it was so fun, and the group I was in also loved it. Most also said they had wished they had brought an old pair of sneakers though. Overall, I really enjoyed this cruise, and it met and exceeded almost all of my expectations. The embarkation and disembarkation all went smoothly, but my family and I live in Florida, so we just drove ourselves and took care of our own luggage. It was a great experience, and I highly recommend it.

Reservations Needed For Everything

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Anonymous.Cruiser

Anonymous.Cruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

It had plenty of space, and we overlooked the trees which was neat. I am an extremely light sleeper, so I woke up every time the boat docked in port in the early morning. I could also occasionally hear music from somewhere, but my friend and I usually stayed out very late (1am-2am) so this wasn't a problem. My friend had no problems sleeping, and she did not hear anything. Central Park was never busy, so it was nice to sit on the patio occasionally.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans

• Snorkeling
    We took the Rainbow Reef Snorkel, and it was better than expected. Obviously, the coral isn't vibrantly colored, but there was plenty of it to look at. They allowed you to go pretty far, but it was always safe. Life jackets were optional, but most people took them. The masks and gear worked very well and rarely fogged up or malfunctioned. The crew was friendly, but we were at the back of the boat and could rarely hear what they were saying. The crew also chummed the water so there were lots of fish. We were pleased with this, however, we enjoyed diving down to the rock formations the most. They were only 6ft-10ft below us, and it was fun to see the fish close up.
    View All 213 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Mount Liamuiga Volcano
    This was the best excursion experience I have ever had. I love hiking, and I love doing things outdoors (mud runs especially). This was a great experience because it was super strenuous. You have to be in shape because the hike is difficult and requires you to use your whole body. There were parts where the trail was very narrow and you had to hold onto the roots on the side to keep your footing. Near the top, scrambling was necessary, but it was super fun. Most people complained only about not having extra sneakers. I ended up just throwing my pair out because they were old anyways. Once we got to the top, we felt amazing, and I would do this excursion again in a heartbeat. It also gave me a great excuse to eat at every restaurant serving dinner when I got back onto the cruise ship.
    View All 21 Mount Liamuiga Volcano Reviews