3. Carnival Glory
We picked this cruise because it was close to home (my husband drives all over Fla. all week long) and had the ports we liked. Couldn't work out the airfare with a cruise that wouldn't bankrupt us! This was our 14th cruise (I love cruising-the ultimate relaxation!!!) Just a note though....they need to replace their beds on this ship-was adequate - no cork liners for the beds, but we did have robes which was nice. Also, put chair in the inside rooms like on the Freedom so I can read in the room. Also, open the library more often. It is a wonderful place to relax and get books, especially when you bring on a book that turns out crummy! No nail polish remover or cough medicine in the shop and, very small selection of perfume and practically no selection of Clinique as on the Freedom. Embarkation was a bit busier than we've experienced, but thanks to Carnival organized. Port Canaveral is our favorite. Ft. Lauderdale the worst. Beware, security is a bit tighter, but of course, the agents had a sense of humor, and we felt safe with security. We headed to the buffet to start the "eatathon!" Surprised that we could find a table and good selection of food. We then went to the cabin and was surpised to find our luggage waiting. In the past, we've gotten our luggage 15 min before dinner. Our cabin steward, Risky, was wonderful & friendly. Was surprised we got our early seating and lucked out to be at a 4 person table with Bill & Marge. It was great meeting them at dinner each evening. Since it was our 40th anniversary, my husband left it to me to decide if we would do the optional $30 each dinner, but it wasn't necessary. Except for the Mahi Mahi I ordered the first night, every dinner was wonderful. Our server, Anthony (the Matre'd was also Anthony)& Arta (?) were great and really made us feel welcome. Girls-Anthony was really good looking & Single and Arta so funny (boy can he dance during the servers evening performance). Even Anthony, the maitre'd was friendly and made a point of checking each table. Ports: St. Thomas was nice and we only looked at the shops at the pier. Never got downtown. Was waiting to get to St. Maarten to shop in our favorite store, but hurricane Erika diverted us to Turks & Caicos (ugh)so never got to the port. No perfume, no knockoff purses, no costume jewelry and no discounted liquor. Turks & Caicos was not a port I would not run back to. If you were there for the diving or beach, this was the place. Shopping was a total rip (you should just wear a sign...Take all my $$$). Did find a slider necklace on board and did get a good price on it. Shop personnel were really nice & friendly. Casino people also were great! Came home with some slot money from my favorite machine. Slots were not as bad as some ships. We took this cruise because it had a cigar bar (RC had done away with theirs). This was a deal breaker for my husband (I don't smoke). We love RC for the promenade and the 24 hr Seattle coffee. On this cruise as was with the Carnival Freedom, he had to buy a coffee card to get good coffee (my decaf on board was great-usually the opposite). As it turned out, he could only smoke his cigars in the "On the Green" bar. Cruise lines...get with the program-there are plenty of men who smoke cigars. They are the "buying" public. Why alienate them? It turned out that the room that they had previously used for a cigar bar (large room)(as on the other Carnival ship) was always empty. Why? Beware, drink prices have risen. Carnival is trying to institute a new feature, Comedy Shows, both G & R Rated (separately). I think the Glory was the first ship, and in my opinion, was a great success. We got tickets to each late night show, but they also had a waiting line to get in line. The concept was very popular. They also had great shows in the theatre every night. There was always something to do. Bingo is also getting a bit more expensive. Debarkation was smooth, and we were off the boat and in our car about 9:30 am. This cruise surprised us. Our previous experience on an older ship wasn't the greatest (RCCL-Sovereign was horrible on a 4 niter). Just a suggestion to those of you who "wouldn't be caught dead" on a Carnival ship. You get more than your money's worth. This cruise was one of the best we've been on. Carnival works hard to please the public and that is why they are one of the most popular lines. Incidentally, there were all age groups. Already looking for my 15th cruise. Thanks to Carnival, my husband and I got to relax which we needed badly.

The Carnival Glory was GLORIOUS!

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by CaroleR

Debarkation was smooth, and we were off the boat and in our car about 9:30 am.
CaroleR’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Glory price drops

The room was nice; a bit roomier than RCCL. No chair which made it difficult to read in the room. We were on the 7th floor almost mid-ship. Only downside was that we were next to a storeroom used by employees which we heard from time to time early in the morning. We like inside as it's easier to sleep (no sunlight). Cruiselines need to add more electrical outlets in the room. I can't reach the one in the bathroom. Us ladies need to plug in hair dryers and curling brushes, etc. Can't do that on one outlet. Brought an extender, but that didn't work well. Closet and draw space was good. Didn't feel cramped.
  Carnival Glory Deck Plans